1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where are my Southwest Airlines Visa Experts?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by RedRock702, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a member of the PLUS Southwest Visa card since about 2011 and I was lucky enough to get 50,000 miles for buying a 35 cent pack of gum! (Back then they didn't have the 2000/3months restriction going on).

Now I noticed that they are offering the 50K miles again for spending 2k/3months yet again. I do NOT have the Premier Card which is the $99/year fee one (which gives the 6k bonus miles vs the 3k for the $69/year card). I know that some of you were able to get the 50K miles multiple times.

My question is as follows. Do you think I can apply for the Premier Card as a new member and get the premier card on top of the Plus card and be eligible for the 50K miles or do you think I'd have to cancel my Plus Card first? The only restriction I noticed was that I would not be eligible for the 50K miles if I had received it in the last 2 years and it's been far since that. I just think it's a good time to renew since I'm having a remodel done and the contractor said I could pay with a credit card so I had my fiance, sister and father all sign up for the card and I'll easily hit 2k on all of the cards!

Your wisdom is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, It really depends on your credit worthiness and whether or not Chase will issue you two cards at the same time. If your Plus Card has a balance on it, that could affect Chase's decision.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The short answer is yes, but apply for it on the business card, not personal. Chase has both personal and business Plus, and personal and business Premier.

You usually have to make a phone call for the second card, but since it has been a while since you received the first one, as long as you haven't requested other credit cards from them (and you have good credit) you should be fine. The 2 year limitation does not apply if you are applying for a business card and only have a personal.

4. koltunowicz

koltunowicz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes,

I opened the premier card in 2013 with the 50K bonus and then a year later in 2014 opened the 2014 plus card and received the 50 k bonus (in 2014 i was smart and used the 50K as a head start and scored the companion pass before the year was over, which is what i have now through the end of 2015. I applied to both online and didnt have any issues. I also have another chase card that I have held for 8 years or so, so as long as your credit isnt too bad, you should be good.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I applied for both late last year. Early this year I spent the $3k on each and a bit more getting me over 110,000 miles. That gives my wife a companion pass for the rest of this year and all of next year.

Get more details at flyertalk.com in the Southwest forum.

yes, you can get another card. I probably have 5 Chase cards and a few dozen of others.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between my wife and I, we have had 6 different SWA Visa Cards. Each one came with the 50,000 miles. We never have had more than one at a time though. My last was the Premier card and I've held on to that one. But all the others we ran up the $2,000 and cancelled. The two year wavier only applies after you have run through all 3 cards. We usually waited 3-6 months after cancelling and applied for a new one at the next level.

I didn't know about the business card angle. Since my wife has 75,000 miles in her account, I going to investigate that after reading this thread and see if we can't get her another companion pass.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  7. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the input! I guess once you just get accustomed of not really having to pay much of anything to fly to Vegas, and your only really expense is a rental car, I just can't see not trying to get another 50k miles! :D

Potawatomi just doesn't cut it lmfao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.