1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When to redeem a reward?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by StuartUK, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checking, but am i right to think i can redeem a reward 90 days before i want to use it ?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can redeem for a reward 90 days from the time you will use the reward. If you do not use/consume the reward within those 90 days, you lose the reward on day 91.

3. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a room you may redeem it and then you just must BOOK it at least 90 days before the expiration. So you could redeem now for a room, and then you have until basically end of April to actually book the reservation. Same with show tickets.

4. StormHawk

StormHawk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My countdown timer is to midnight the day of check in (or 14 hours before we check in). For a 5-night stay what day # should I wait until to start redeeming things to ensure that they won't hit the 90 day expiration? 89 or 84? I'd like to snag things that come up, but not if I'm going to lose it.

5. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends...

If it's for a hotel room or show ticket, you can redeem for that already. You have 90 days after redeeming those to BOOK, not use the reward.

For a food item, that depends on what day within your trip that you think you will use it. But, if you want to be safe, I would wait until 84/83 or less days to start looking at redemption.

6. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cheers
    gonna redeem Zarkana show and the Tournament of the Kings ready for end of May :) :)

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd redeem everything as soon as possible, the shows fill up, the rooms sell out. Just don't snag a reward till it's close enough to your trip.

You don't want to have redeemed a reward then it's not available for your dates.

Also they could choose to end the game at any time right?

8. StormHawk

StormHawk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, thanks!

9. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if I'm being daft or suspicious, but is this really true? Has this been verified? The language on the site is, of course, unclear. I'm going in September, and I thought I had to wait until June to redeem my hotel and book my room.

10. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my room in April more than 90 days out. Also, I have read many report of people booking up to 6 months out. 6 months seems to be the limit on room availability though.

11. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Scott for the information and verification. Because I'm neurotic, I also contacted myVegas, and here was their response:
    Thus, it also doesn't appear as if there are really any constraints -- you could book a room, potentially, for as far out as they have rooms available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.