1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When my Tier points Expire...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DonnyC, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Mar 23, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys and girls,

Not a massive gambler here. Last year 2011 I went to Vegas with my brother and accumulated 1,100 Tier points.

This year I went with my brother and accumulated 450 Tier points, I think I gave about the same amount of play as 2011 but the points don't show it...not too concerned.

It is my understanding that the Tier Points expire at the end of the calendar year.

With my Total rewards card I am still being offered free rooms (about the same as when my Tier score was higher). I really like the free room as it makes the trip more affordable and more easy to convince my wife that I should go (as she stays home).

In 2013, what should I be expecting for free room offers for about the same caliber?

If I don't get to Vegas in 2013 should i expect the same offers for free rooms with my Total rewards card in 2014?
  2. luvvp

luvvp Tourist

Sep 19, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't go at all in 2013 you may drop off of their radar so it won't matter anyway.

Tier points do expire at the end of a callender year and you lose reward credits if you don't earn at least 1 pt in 6 months.

You never know how CET marketing works. Everyone has a different experience with them. You'll just have to wait and see if they send you any offers.
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Apr 13, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room offers have nothing to do with Tier points. Tier points are only useful for advancing to card tiers and getting the "perks" associated with it.

As to what offers you can expect long term, its tough to say. I believe CET usually rates people based on their play in the last 18 months, but I think they must have some sort of baseline beyond that, as I play pretty infrequently but always have at least something showing in terms of offers.

I wouldn't count on still having offers if you haven't played there in a long time, but I wouldn't rule it out. Either way, your tier score will not affect what you get.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.