1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When is a good time to get a nice table at Giada?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by notfromconcentrate, Jul 16, 2016.

1. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to be in la-la land from Monday the 18th to Friday the 22nd. I'd like to go to Giada in the Cromwell at least once, after having heard many excellent reviews about it.

To me, part of the attraction is the view. Having said that, I'd like to do the best I can to obtain a table with a view (though I realize most other patrons would be seeking to do just the same). I'm also a solo diner, which makes my requests a little less significant in the restaurant world.

On that basis, is there a day of the week/time of day that would be ideal for me to get a table at Giada with a reasonably good view? Ideally would be going for lunch.

2. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A)You can ask the girls at the front desk for a window table or B) you can ask the girls at the front desk for a window table while sliding a bill over to her.

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went for breakfast at 10:00 am this past Monday. I made the reservation 4 or 5 days prior and we had a table at the window looking at Bellagio/Caesars. I can't speak to dinner yet (but I will definitely be reserving for dinner next trip) but you wonder how breakfast could be "special" but this one really was. Sweet italian sausage meatballs in sauce, eggs, lemon smashed potatoes (have to find that recipe), toast with housemade jam, almond butter and whipped butter and a glass of champagne. It was lovely!

I would suggest reserving now and requesting that window view.

4. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI, "la la land" refers to Los Angeles, not Las Vegas...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a host, have him/her make the reservation.

If you don't, the rest of the suggestions are valid.

Ditto on "la la land". I wasn't sure where you were going to be.

6. Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made my reservation three months in advance and told the hostess it was our anniversary and asked if we could have a window table. Four days prior to our dinner they called and told me that the only way we could have a window table was if we spent a total of at least $200.00. Told her we don't drink and there was no way we'd be spending that much w/o drinks. Due to this we were not given a window seat. Not impressed with the service and blackmail.

7. Sparky4

Sparky4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We walked in at 10 a.m. for breakfast on a Sunday in April. We were seated at a table at the open windows. There were only 3 other tables occupied. Breakfast was good but for basic eggs, it want worth the $4 extra it cost to have Giada emblazoned on the plate....and the place the food on the plate so her name isn't covered.

10th anniversary
  8. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always thought "la la land" to refer to one's happy place. Having done further research, it would appear it's more commonly used to refer to Los Angeles, so thank you for pointing it out.

Also, if you've ever read the book "Comped" by Bill Kearney (the absolute best gambling read, by a mile, in my opinion) you'll probably recall that the author constantly referred to Atlantic City, which was then his happy place, as "la la land".