1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's it like in Vegas over St. Patrick's Day and March Madness?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ref59405, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ref59405

ref59405 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When the Mlife Spring offers came out recently, we were offered 4 comped nights in a suite at Excalibur. When I checked Allegiant flights, I was able to grab $55 flights each way on Monday, 3/16/15 and returning Friday morning, 3/20/15. The cheap flights and the comped room made it too hard to pass up so we booked the trip. We will be there for St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday, 3/17/15 and the first full day of the NCAA basketball tournament on Thursday, 3/19/15. I have never been in Vegas for either event and I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what the crowds will be like on those 2 days?

My wife and I usually go to Vegas during the week as we sometimes find walking the strip on a Friday or Saturday night more of a headache since it can be so crowded. Did I just book myself for 2 nights of weekend type crowds? If so, that is fine, I will just plan things to do on Tuesday and Thursday nights so we are not fighting the crowds so much.......if that is even possible :evillaugh

Thanks for your help.

2. FordDlr

FordDlr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's beyond weekend like crowds. Went year before last and had a great time. Get ready for lots of drunk young ones wearing green. :beer:

New Years and UFC207
  3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be a crazy week... lots of people & longer lines, but it's one of my favorite times to be in town. The energy of a busy Las Vegas is a fun time for me.

4. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you got a great deal and are in for a great time. This may be the best of both worlds for you as you will be in town on Thursday night so you will be there with the crazy / energy crowds. But since you will be leaving on Friday, I have found that even more folks come in for Friday and Saturday night, so you may get out of town before it gets too crowded for you.

We were out there last year and will be there this year as well. I will give you an example of how the crowds just keep growing but is not too bad as the week goes along. Last year we ate at Trevi in the CZR mall on Thursday night (3/20) of the opening week games last year. I expected to see many people waking by and the mall crowded as we were eating at 7pm. It was actually very slow and Travi was not crazy busy which was fine by us. However, later that night we headed out and the crowds found us as we stopped in at Bellagio. So I would say since you will be there in the beginning of the week it will be crowded and full of energy and LOTS OF FUN but you should not be crazy crowded until the end of the week. Also if you find something to crowded and lines too long I am sure the next place may not be as crowded (saying this for the early week time period).
    Enjoy your trip.

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there last year for St. Paddy's and I thought the crowds would be larger. I don't know if because it fell on a Monday that affected the crowds. You will see a lot of green on that day.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.