1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

whatever happened to VegadBJ Joyglen Shifters?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by tomrice44, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomrice44

tomrice44 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read VMB for a couple of years now. Pretty muck your classical lurker,LOL. I used to follow some pretty cool, funny, informative and even offbeat humor from three members. No more. ???/

Anyone know what ever happened to VegasBJ, Joyglen and Shifter????thanks, Tom....

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wondered the same thing just the other day???

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any deviation from strictly Vegas talk tends to end in some infraction or other. Not that it's a bad thing to keep everything on track, but a lot of people want a bit more whimsy in their lives.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is indeed what happened to us and i'll leave it at that.

5. tomrice44

tomrice44 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad at least one of them is alive. I got my share of chuckles and thought provoking situations from those three when they used to post. Right now I paged back and found the pizza thread about folding. Okay I will stop there. I am not good at posting things.

6. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss those silly conversations too. It keeps the board fun.

7. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    joyglen started all those types of threads but he disappeared a long time ago. I used to lurk this board for a long time. Those threads were in this Misc section. They can still happen, there aren't any infractions for it in this section. But those things stopped long ago. VegasBJ also disappeared a while ago I think. Shifter I think you only disappeared for a few weeks after a trip around New Years so good to see you didn't disappear for good. Jillyfromphilly also hasn't been around for a while. My guess is some people don't feel like posting about Vegas after a big gambling loss -- I'd probably be the same way.

8. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I talked to Joyglen a while back. He sent a nice pictures of his new baby. Very cute. Wife won't let him play on line that much anymore. :) I believe he will be in LV for the Superbowl.
    Niners/Balt. Two brothers coaching. Interesting.

vegas baby
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is our policy that we don't talk about board business on the open board, but it seems appropriate to respond to this one here. Lots of things happen behind the scenes between me, a member, and the moderators. Having this discussion in public is rarely beneficial to the board, which is why we try to keep them private.

I basically have removed joyglen from the board. He had difficulties following the rules and, long story short, once the attacks turned personal, I felt no further need to try to work things out with him. I believe we came to an understanding in our latest exchange of emails and I truly wish the best for him and his family.

The other members mentioned are still here, but not posting as much. I hope they both know they can PM or email me any time if they have a question or concern about the board. That policy is for everyone here. I read and try to reply to it all, so feel free to let me know what's on your mind.

Wigwam is wrong about "fun" being against the rules here. We even have a Non-Vegas chat section for ... um... non-Vegas chat. :) I think the rules are pretty clear about what is and isn't allowed here. No politics, no religion, no personal attacks, no spam, show respect for each other. I think that pretty much covers it.

I hate it when I have to be "bad cop". I want to have fun here too. It's awful to be in a position where I have to be adversarial with someone who won't stay within the rules, but this course of action and our infraction system has worked for well over a decade here.

Again, if anyone has any questions or comments, please send me a PM or email me using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page of the board.

I'm going to close this thread now as the policy still is that we try to keep this kind of discussion off the open forums.

Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.