1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

what to do!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by kesto692000, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kesto692000

kesto692000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here is our dilemma. We are in Vegas for 7 nights in April and have provisionally booked Hotel32 for all 7 nights (this might reduce as we may use myvegas points for a couple of nights). There are 3 of us staying in the room and our bankroll is $300 per day each. If all of our play is at MGM properties would that be enough to get our room comped? Also would it make a difference if one person played all $900 by playing 3 machines at the same time:wink
    As hotel32 is not a "standard" MGM property, i am wondering if it would be easier to get a room comped elsewhere or does it make no difference

2. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $900 a day is not going to be enough to warrant a room comp at an MGM property, usually. But if you are lucky, and can cycle that amount multiple times thru a machine, then perhaps. I'm assuming you are talking slots, correct? From my experience, mgm properties comp better at table games, whereas CET properties comp better at slots.

Do all three of you plan on returning to Vegas? If so, than you would want to make sure you play on your own card, to ensure future offers.

My suggestion is to go, have a GREAT time. Play as you normally would, each using their own cards and hope for the best. Maybe you will have a very lucky profitable trip. Don't play for comps. Charge everything to your room, meals tickets, incidentals, etc. Before leaving, check with a host and ask them to check your play and see if they can do anything for you. They will usually take off amounts from your bill from the points you have accrued first and if they think you warrant any comps, then they will take off more.

I would also have all three of you on the room reservation. Not only will this ensure getting three keys but also any points or comps for each person can be used on the room.

Have fun!

:beer::beer::beer:

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotel 32 is in all reality the Monte Carlo. Just a different room. Not one of those separate hotels within a hotel.

Also, only a host at MC could POSSIBLY comp you. If your play is at other MGM properties, your chances just went downhill.

4. kesto692000

kesto692000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kel - Yes we all play slots and as we are low rollers I would hope for our bankroll we would average over 5 hours a day each so we should generate a decent ADT. I know comps are a bit of a black art but if we play through all of our money surely this would get us some decent comps. Please note, I know comps are only a bonus, we will gamble that much and enjoy no matter what we get. As we are from UK we won'tbe back within 12 months:cry: so future offers are no use to us.
    Nostress - I thought gambling in all MGM properties was the same? Does it make a difference only gambling in the one your staying in?

5. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is my experience from November. Booked two nights in a regular MC room for my mom...rates of $29/39. She was not listed on the room so I made sure to play to keep my less than stellar rating at least where it was. Played only a couple hours a day at MC...$1.50-3.00 avg bet at slots and only slots. Did one day of about 4 hours at Aria same level of play. Found an error in my bill when I returned home so I called and the VIP folks actually handled the call and told me I also should have talked to a host as that was enough to take care of room charges and the one meal I'd charged to the room...about $125 total.

6. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In an ideal world, extrapolating your figures suggests that the OP would need about 10x the play you had to comp the room, which is still only about $30 per hand on average so not totally out of the question.

There are a load of other factors though...who the host is, what mood they are in, how the quarter is going etc etc :)

7. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $900 a day on slots should get u at least a couple of the days comped in a regular room at MC .... not sure how much more the hotel 32 rooms cost.
    Just one question. Are you booking the hotel directly through the MC website or are you going through a third party website? Just keep in mind if u book through a third party website you pay them before your trip which means they monte carlo can't comp your room. But if that is the case as kel said just charge all your meals, etc to your room and see what they will pick up.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, not sure how host would look at play - $300 per person, or $900. And, of course the prepayment issue mentioned above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.