1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What size rental car?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dreric, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually it is just the wife and I on our trips to LV and we rent an intermediate SUV (mostly because it is easy to get in/out of and sits a bit higher), but in February we had 2 more with us and ended up with a Camry. I liked the car, but the ladies hated getting in/out of it.
    My question is, with 4 of us, luggage etc., do you think an intermediate SUV will still work, or do I need to get the standard or premium SUV? What vehicles do you tend to get for each level? I can't seem to find a link for that info.

2. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would guess the intermediate SUV would work unless you have a ton of luggage. In that case it might be tight, but likely that is just to and from McCarran unless you are bouncing around.

I usually rent form Hertz....but always check Expedia first.

When I go to the Expedia site to look at rentals is gives the description of car with the suitcase count shown in the little picture by the vehicle class. For me the jump in price to big SUV is enough to make me squeeze stuff in maybe more than would be comfy, but I'm cheap :evillaugh:

Have fun :):):)

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My apologies......the little suitcase count infographic is no longer there on Expedia.....it is on the Travelocity site though.

4. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help Rusty... I will definitely take a look at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.