1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What month in the Fall..help!

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Cohiba, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cohiba

Cohiba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I always go to Vegas in the Spring or Summer. This time we have a chance go in the Fall.

We found the El Cortez last year and love it, so that's where we're staying...but I'm open to suggestions. Questions are as follows.

What months September through November have the cheapest rates for downtown? 2 queen,nonsmoking, and if toward Fremont....waaaay above the experience.

I thought I'd ask here to help narrow it down before I start searching.

Any and all help is appreciated!!!

Cohiba

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices obviously vary; but for the best month (and I'll admit to being biased as hell), it's definitely October! I'm always there during Halloween, but around the middle of Oct. is probably the best.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our anniversary is Oct 17 and we have been in Vegas for the past 25 or so. Beautiful weather!

4. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree that October has the best weather and I love going during that month. That said, you will get cheaper rates in November. I've seen great rates around Thanksgiving.

5. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like to use the pool area, and expect waitress service for drinks or food, October would be the last month where it's available at most properties.

6. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It gets cold in Nevada. Check the farmers almanac. September is Monsoon season too. End of Sept, early Oct.

7. brandi.boots

brandi.boots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oct is full of different sorts of stuff....no ordinary for sure

8. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fall months

Cohiba, The best way to get the best hotel rates is to first go to look for
    cheap Southwest airline fares for the month of October and November.
    Southwest has the cheapest fares presently and they don't charge cancellation fees like other airlines. Plus, 2 free luggage no charge.

September is still too hot in Vegas but October is really nice. The first two weeks of Nov. will be nice too.

If I were you.... I would call El Cortez and give them the dates that the airline has that are cheap. They will give you their rates for those dates.
    They can also check other dates that may be even cheaper.
    Tell them you love El Cortez and want to stay there again. Make some small talk and I am sure the reservationist will find you a great deal that is
    not even listed with any middle-man company. That is how I make my
    reservations.
    The Golden Nugget Hotel is another nice hotel. You can go to their website and look to see which are the cheapest dates to stay there. Lucy

9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October is really a beautiful time of year in Las Vegas. Rates won't be bad at all.

10. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for October. Our anniversary is October 2. We'll be there celebrating :kiss:

11. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

October first 2 weeks. Usually mid- 80's. Pools are open. I stay on the strip, don't really know about the downtown hotels.

12. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October.

Main Street Station. No FSE noise.

Easy to get 2 queens, non-smoking.

Friendly staff & customers.

Nice places to eat. ( 777 Brewpub & buffet ).

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, you should use kayak and do searches for hotel rates for your stay. That way you can see what the hotels are going for. As others have said, usually october is a nice time to go, starting to get cooler and before it gets too cold. Of course the temps can vary depending on the weather, once I was there in the middle of october and it was 107 degrees. Another time I was there at the same time it was in the low 70's during the day. I was there one halloween weekend and it was very busy so I guess it also depends if there are events going on at the time.

The day of the week also dictates the crowd, usually from sunday to wednesday downtown is pretty dead but as the weekend gets closer the crowd starts to arrive so I guess it depends on what kind of crowd level you want.

November is also a good time to visit but the pools are closed and it can get chilly in the evenings. I usually skip december because of the rodeo but I heard that the weeks up to christmas (after the rodeo) are pretty dead and so rates might be good, although it might be a little cold already.

September is also a good time to visit, right after the holidays and the kids are back in school. It is usually still hot/warm so many people wait until october to go but it also isn't very busy.

I do notice that kayak offers some good prices for the el cortez during october (using hotels.com or other travel sites) if you book now. I am also trying to book a september/october vegas trip downtown but I have to wait until the fall air fares start to drop (from hawaii). I think the el cortez also has some specials such as stay 2 nights, get the third for free so you might want to book now before the specials disappear.

14. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Believe it or not I'm walking on air.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October

We always go in October, started out as the only time we could go, now is the first choice of when to go. Rodeo, Bull riding, UNLV football!!

We're Goin' Dammit
  15. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UNLV football? Really?

I'd love to hear that a good time can be had on a Saturday night at Sam Boyd. I'm skeptical. Sell me please....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.