1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is the best value left on myvegas?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Bamfbowhunter, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the rewards have been getting worse and the price getting higher what do you think is the best value left on the rewards?? I lucked out and got the piano bar battle at Monte Carlo for my next trip and a lunch at the pool but i see nothing else that i want

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm eyeing the $50 food credit at Monte Carlo for 35K LPs for my potential third reward for an upcoming trip. Seems like a relatively good value.

3. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many of the 50$ rewards do they release per day?

4. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The picnic by the pool is alway worth it. 6 beers and Nachos went for over 50$

Used it in May

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my trip to Vegas last month I was able to get two premium tickets to KA worth $418 including fees (no longer available - now they reinstated two tickets for a lot more than the 148,000 LPs than I cashed in, but for lesser seats); Bellagio Buffet for Two (now only for one so each person has to get their own); Monte Carlo $50 credit (definitely worth it - I used it at the chinese restaurant at Monte Carlo and it was excellent).

For my upcoming trip I have another $50 Monte Carlo credit and the single Bellagio Buffet (the person I am traveling with got one too) but other than that, there is nothing that is particularly interesting to me left in the rewards.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Party by the pool is pretty good value. Some of the rooms are good value depending on the day you get the room. For example, when my g/f booked the old award of 2 free nights at Monte Carlo the room prices had jumped to $190/nt. If you actually like using the monorail, that's good value.

Anything you can find that still is worth $2 retail per 1000 LP, it's a great deal.

7. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there's nothing that you want, then nothing's a good value for you.

Frankly I don't understand all the talk about the value per point. If a reward is something that I was going to do anyway, or something that I might like to do but don't want to pay full price for then its a good value. Maybe I'd think differently if I was purchasing chips, but as long as I can get something that enhances my trip I'll chalk it up as good value.

8. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got lucky and snagged the 50$ Monte Carlo food credit. I may get another picnic by the pool on my wife's account then we can do that two days.

9. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know if there are any restrictions on that $50 Monte Carlo food credit? Since I replied earlier, I learned that Dragon Noodle has half-off sushi specials on Sundays, and I'll be arriving on a Sunday. Nice way to turn the $50 into $100 worth of sushi, if they allow it.

10. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Iam playing for aria rooms. Usually a bit outside my usual budget, so its nice to get a few free nights

11. bcc

bcc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are only doing Bellagio buffets. We usually stay at Harrah's or Paris (comped, resort fee waived), and Bellagio is the only MLife reward that is worth the walk (or the drive) to us.

At first we redeemed the Bellagio buffets for two when they were available, and now we each redeem one (two total).

We do this every trip. We did Wagerworks before, and the Bel was our favorite thing.

- bcc

12. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I snagged the buffet this morning. So for our upcoming trip this is what I have.

2 B buffets
    100$ to fuel the duel
    Picnic by the pool
    50$ Monte Carlo
    Weekend night at Monte Carlo.

13. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dragon Noodle is where I used my $50 credit last month and it was no problem at all. If the regular price is half off on Sundays, that has nothing to do with the $50 credit, as it is not conditional. You should be able to apply it to the bill with no problem.

Just an FYI - for anything over the $50 credit, make sure that you get a bill that shows the breakdown and what you paid out of pocket. Dragon Noodle does not credit your MLife card for any money spent there directly - you have to take the receipt over to the MLife desk and ask them to apply the tier credits for the money you spent over and above the $50.

14. Staceur

Staceur Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I emailed MyVegas a couple of days ago they said you could no longer book multiple nights in a row at the hotels.

As for my upcoming trip in September I have almost 300K lps and I don't have a clue what I am for. Was saving for a tower suite at the Mirage, but that is no longer :cry:

15. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I may pick up a small reward here and there, I'll be using the bulk of my points on Cirque shows. I've only seen two of them, and I really enjoy them. As a CET player, I'm unable to get these comped (as opposed to hotel rooms and meals) so they are the best value for me.

16. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think some of the shows are still a good deal, buffets, Also the lower tier rooms like Luxor and Excalibur are a good deal. I mean someone like me, I DO actually go for one night sometimes. But it depends how much your time is worth.

17. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time I hear about that. We are 2 people playing, maybe we can alternate ?

18. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its all a good value, its free!

19. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked it out, apparantly "some" have restrictions (no consecutive nights) but many dont. They sure dont make it easy to plan.

20. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week I booked the Monte Carlo, Luxor and Mirage for a Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon consecutive nights in October- using MyVegas LPS. I'm planning to do the same with Mandalay Bay and the MGM Grand in February- Hope they don't add too many restrictions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.