1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is the best steakhouse on the strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MikeOPensacola, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently lost a bet with a good friend and told him I would put aside $300 for a steak dinner on the strip. What is the absolute best place we can go with this budget? I plan on getting a medium priced bottle of wine. Thanks in advance....:peace::beer:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  2. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to half of the steakhouses on the strip but I can say that the two that I've enjoyed the most out of the ones I've been to have been Cut at Palazzo and Gordon Ramsay at Paris.

3. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say that Cut & Ramsay Steak are the best 2 meals I've had too.

Double digits!
  4. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My personal favorite is also CUT, although I've been to a number of others that are nearly as good, including Carnevino and Delmonico.

Price is trickier. There are two potential budget busters: wine and luxury beef. I've never ordered a bottle of wine in Las Vegas, but I've read repeatedly that markups are very high. You could easily spend over $100 on a "mid-priced" bottle.

The other item is what I call luxury beef. In the last few years, a number of steakhouses have added specialty beef, such as Japanese beef (wagyu), Japanese-American hybrids, and meat that has been aged an insanely long amount of time. Taking CUT as an example, standard steaks may run around $60/person or so. Japanese wagyu will run around $150! CUT's menu is online at http://www.palazzo.com/uploadedFiles/Common/Dining/Fine_Dining/CUT_20121102.pdf .

Have fun!

5. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime at Bellagio is the best dining I have ever experienced.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TBH, $300 for 2 people with a bottle of wine including tip is going to be very tight. the cheapest bottle on the menu will likely be about $70. a medium priced bottle is going to be $150+. and the steaks are going to run $40-50 each plus sides, appetizers, etc. so you may have to lower your expectations.

8. Blueberries

Blueberries Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to tix4tonight and get yourself a same day dinner deal.
    Last year when I was in Vegas, Tix4tonight had 50% of total bill and pre fixe menu's....many different restaurants to choice from and they immediately made the dinner reservations for me at the time I chose. I think it cost me $10.00?
    I used them for The Range SteakHouse in Harrahs, which was fabulous, but sadly now gone.
    I'll be checking Tix4tonight out again this year.

9. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outback.

10. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There at least a dozen outstanding steakhouses on the strip - each one is called "the best" by someone. It all depends on what you want.

Some might like the very old school and not expensive steakhouse at Circus Circus, some want a trendy spot like Craftsteak, N9NE, or CUT. Some want the celebrity appeal of Gordon Ramsey... and there is even a steakhouse targeted at women: SHe.

What are you looking for in a steakhouse?

11. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime or circus circus

12. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a great steak with a nice atmosphere. No need for the fancy Japanese beef or any frou-frou stuff. Just a good place where an old grade school and high school friend of mine can go and get a great steak with a nice atmosphere, and the ability to carry on a conversation without yelling across the table.....lol.

Thanks. I appreciate all the help.:peace:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  13. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've got a car the steakhouse at M Resort is fantastic. We go there nearly every trip.

14. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    red lobster has a NY Strip!:evillaugh

15. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That takes Ramsay Steak out, but I don't recall Cut being too loud from memory and it's a great meal.

I'd say SW and Prime would be my next choices other than my 2 favourites, but there are plenty of restaurants I haven't eaten at too.

Or you could go Red Lobster and get a cheap hooker with the change :evillaugh

Double digits!
  16. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that every night or a Tuesday night special?

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  17. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say Prime or Delmonico for classic service and amazing steak with zero frou-frou stuff. Or Carnevino perhaps if you want Italian menu along with the amazing steaks - little more on the trendy side, but not too frou-frou.

You will find all three of these on virtually every "best steakhouse on the strip" list.

18. Cohiba

Cohiba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Mike,

I know you've probably been to the one in your home state but how about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse? I know its not a "special to Las Vegas steakhouse" but I have NEVER been disappointed at any of the different locations.

My wife and I use to live in Houston and frequented the one there. We've been to the ones in Dallas and Fort Worth and now that we have moved back home to Oklahoma like the one in Rogers Arkansas.

We may try this one (Vegas) in October but the only concern for us(and you also) may be the access because of construction on the old Imperial Palace....don't really know if its that bad...will have to check it out.

Menu of the Ruth's Chris in Harrah's Las Vegas:
    http://www.harrahslasvegas.com/content/dam/las/Dining/Upscale/Ruths%20Chris%20Steakhouse/Harrahs-Las%20Vegas-Dining-Upscale-Ruths-Chris-Dinner-1.pdf

The wine list wasn't listed on the Vegas/RC Steakhouse website, so here is their general all around listing for the entire chain of their steakhouse....just to give you an idea of what they've got.
    http://www.ruthschris.com/bar/red-wine/

Good Luck!!!

Cohiba

19. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly recommend Gallahgers at NYNY

20. Lexlthr

Lexlthr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW and the Country Club at the Wynn are spectacular!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.