1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What exactly is Free Play?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sogi311, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sogi311

sogi311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked an offer with $200 worth of free play at Wynn/Encore. I rarely play machines and am not sure why they are giving me this. It must have been from 5 years ago when I played to get a free buffett.

Can anyone tell me how the free play works? I am guessing I can't just put the voucher in a machine play a couple spins and then cash out?

2. Frisky

Frisky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read the fine print and it will tell you whether you have to go to the players club to activate your free play or just put your card in the machine and select free play.

3. earth-3

earth-3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's put on your players card and you cannot convert it to cash. What you do run through the machine and then win, can be.

4. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you aren't a slot player, then just convert it. Go to a Red Card booth and get it put on your card, then head to a $1 VP machine with a decent payback. Put in your card, activate the Free Play, put a couple of bucks in the machine to start and play away. It will tell you how much FP you have left after each hand. When it hits zero, cash out. Congratulations - you've just turned $300 FP into some amount of cash. I usually average about an 80-85% conversion rate on VP.

5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sogi311 ...

As with most machine free-play, you are only required to run that dollar amount through the machine once. After that, you can cash out the existing credits, or you can keep playing as long as you wish.

Sometimes, free-play can be converted to promotional chips, which can be used at the tables, and re-used until they are lost, but you keep the chips that you win along the way. Again, as was said earlier, read all the fine print on the offer.

6. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Absolutely ask at the players club, or host(if you have one) if you can get $200 in promo chips if you prefer table games. Assuming your offer was giving to you due to your play, it seems odd that they would give you freeplay vs promo chips.

I know I have had a few times where they wouldn't give me promo chips(or the other way around), but just as many times I've been allowed to switch them. Never hurts to ask. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.