1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What Day/Time is Best for Lowest Room Rates for Total Rewards?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by georgewalskin, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Mar 24, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always book rooms for IP for the weekdays when logging using my total rewards card when using an offer code that i have specifically for my account or just booking it normally without a code as sometimes the price can be lower that way strangely enough. The prices when booking at IP are always lower when booking it logged into my TR card online as oppose to booking it not logged or on a site like Hotels.com .

Last night i noticed the rates when booking it through certain dates... there was a huge discount. During the weekday, most of them cost like 12.15 per night. And even the weekend for IP was $50 max pretax. I didn't book it and now regret it as when i logged into my account right now, the prices went back higher.

Does anyone know in general what day/time do the lowest rates usually appear? Or does one need to check it every single time? Like can someone tell me how often rates change per day? Like is it about once every day? Once every 3 days? Three times a day?

It was around late saturday that i saw how incredibly low the rates were. And just right now when i log back in... those really low rates are gone. I feel pretty stupid because i don't think there ever would be rates that low yet i procrastinated and now the rates jumped back higher.

I assume there isn't any alerts right for total rewards to know when prices change? So how do you guys who book low rates do it for total rewards using your card? Do you check the rates every day? 5 times a day? Once every 3 hours? I mean, certainly prices don't change say 12 times one day right? Like did you ever see a price say at 6pm and then 7pm it changes and then 8pm it changes again? Would really like to know how many hours it changes every once in a while.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Oct 2, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the rates change by nearly the minute, literally changing several times in a day. I dont think there is much rhyme or reason, I have gotten some of my best deals on weekends when most people say that is the worst time to fare/rate shop.
  3. Sotajerk

Sotajerk Tourist

Jul 10, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The CET rates change all the time and most of the time seemingly for no reason. Just check them over and over, every day, They will probably go back down.

It's actually pretty frustrating because it doesnt seem like its really necessary for them to change the rates that much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.