1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What Car Rental doesn't charge for 2nd driver per day?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Birdie7, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking for company where 2nd driver is included in the cost of Rental. A membership requirement is fine, such as SAMs club or Costco.

2. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only 2nd trip for year :(
  3. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have always rented from Alamofor the past 15 to 20 years that I can remember. We've always used codes from different memberships but I think mostly the one from Walmart and it always included an additional driver. Well it's about time we start shopping elsewhere since Alamo is not the cheapest for us anymore. I just didn't want to assume and I value the message board members opinion very much. Now Advantage prices look much better right now. I should have prepaid on Budget for a week 2 weeks ago and it was only $130 but I wasn't sure how prepaid works if you should have to cancel.

4. cha4zz

cha4zz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work for Enterprise as an assistant manager at an airport location in the UK. For ALL rentals, whether prepaid through a broker site or booked direct through ourselves, any spouse gets free additional driver as long as you ask for it.

They may try and say oh I'll give you the additional driver free if you take the insurance but ignore it. You'll get the additional driver free of charge if you ask again.

5. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alamo Insiders get a free additional driver (make sure your Insiders number is on the reservation). With Hertz, if both drivers are members of AAA the addl driver fee is waived. All of the reservations I have made with Costco so far (Avis, Budget, Alamo) have included an additional driver, not sure if this is always true, check the fine print.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco codes usually include a free 2nd driver.

7. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is posted on Alamo's web site.

State law in California, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, and Wisconsin allow the spouse to be an automatic authorized driver as long as renter requirements are met.

8. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, Costco's current sale does include the no fee second driver.

9. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are many different meanings to spouse so I have a question. My girlfriend has the same address on your license as mine, so even though we are not married would that count as a spouse when adding her as a driver for no additional cost?

10. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It might, and it might not. I am in the same situation, and I always try to book something with additional driver included so I can have her name on the contract. I fear that if something did happen my insurance co might try to back out of paying by saying she does not qualify as a spouse. I'd rather have her name on the contract and know I'm covered

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.