1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are your room needs?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sco...where do you stay to get 2 queens AND a couch? I had that problem this upcoming trip ( going with the 85 yr old MIL) I booked the MGM Executive Queen to get it. Only other places I can think of are V/P and Rio. I didn't feel like staying off strip and can't afford the V/P.

2. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo Go Rooms had a small couch (armchair?) with my queen room.

Tuscany Suites but that's also off-strip.

I see Venetian and Palazzo for $123/nt on a number of search engines at least in Dec. Deals abound. I have never stayed but the photos look like the standard suites at Palazzo are spacious and nicely-appointed. But I am guessing for your dates, it must me higher!

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Butler does many small things that all add up to a better experience. steaming all your clothes after arrival is the main thing. Making sure they look up your profile ahead of time and have all your favorites in the mini fridge. beer of choice, pitcher of fresh squeezed OJ to put in the blue moon beer, having the coffee of your choice ground and ready to brew in the morning, unpack, really like a personal concierge. It makes the stay that much more enjoyable and hassle free.

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All you had to say :)

5. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    King bed - clean - comfortable mattress - nice view - low level noise.

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont get the butler thing unless you have one at home im sure you could enjoy a room without one on vacation, maybe its casue they dont provide any services i might enjoy/need

For me i like Flat screen tv, separate tub/shower and a safe

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess we live a simple life... :) We like a nice, clean room with a comfortable "newish" pillowtop mattress and high count linens. The bed was not as important when we were younger but now that does matter to us since we wear ourselves out all day and appreciate coming "home" to a nice bed. Since we always stay mid-strip....we usually get a nice fountain view. Just like watching a show should we be in the room early enough. Soothing and is a true LV experience. Separate shower & tub is a plus too.... :)

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need QUIET! more than anything. I also need a comfy bed, clean carpets and well cared for furnishings. I don't need brand spanking new but I won't deal with half broken crap. I also need a bathroom larger than a broom closet, preferably with a double vanity. The setup at Rio is my probably my fave. As for view, as long as it's not HVAC units or garbage cans, I am good. I'd like a fridge but can get by without one.

9. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comfortable king bed
    View
    Fridge
    In room sound system where we can plug in the iPod
    Good water pressure in a free standing shower

I think that covers it.

10. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    King Bed, Top Floor with card access, separate living area, steam shower, jetted tub, two bathroom vanities, coffee/expresso machine w/Starbucks, wet bar/stocked fridge, mini-bar, and multiple large flat screen TV's otherwise nothing special...:wink2:

11. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clean, Quite & Classy Non-smoking room with a Decent View, Double Queen Beds,
    located fairly close to the Elevators, a separate Tub/Shower & a large Room Safe.
    Fancy Electronics and a Flat Screen is a nice touch although I rarely watch TV in Vegas.

12. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clean, modern, high-tech, non-smoking room with a Strip View. I like tub/shower rooms as well. My main pet peeves are bad water pressure and clogged shower drains.

13. bubbamsu

bubbamsu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas is the only vacation place where I really have no high end needs. I want a quiet, nice clean room with a good shower, crapper, and a lock on the door. I am only in my room to sleep, shower/change, and sometimes a quick nap.

The tv doesn't matter to me. I am only watching ESPN or local news a few minutes a day.

I don't need a desk or extra tables since I don't work from the room.

I don't need a coffee pot/keurig- the coffee shop is down the elevator which is not a problem for me.

I don't need a fridge either- since I don't stay in my room, no need to buy beer/liquor to stock up.

After so many trips, I really don't care if I have strip view or not. The only exception would be when I stay at the Cosmo, which a Bellagio Fountain view is a must, just to avoid the Cosmo Pool concert/club noise at night.

This answers the OP's question of what I need. Obviously, I get a lot more then that, but it is not needed.

Anywhere else that we vacation, I always want the best they have to offer, whether it is the best ocean side room, biggest suite, etc... but not in Vegas.

The variety of options is one of the biggest reasons I think all of us enjoy Vegas, besides the gambling. There is no other "gambling" town that offers the wide array of options to please all of us that I have been to in the world.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's see here ...

Clean and comfortable, of course. :)

Enough space to move around in. I feel cramped in those smallish hotel rooms in NYC/Chicago.

Nice bath with modern fixtures and an adequate vanity shelf space with good lighting. I hate hotel bathrooms with one dim bulb!

A heat/air unit that does not sound like an air hammer!

Cable TV with a good selection. (Spoiled, I know)

Comfortable bed. I'm not too picky but sometimes you get one that is saggy or lumpy.

Elevators that are reasonably prompt, particularly on weekends and at check-out time.

In-room safe.

A table or desk..

Electrical outlets that are easy to reach. Sometimes they bury these behind the bed or nightstand. :(

I prefer a room without an overpriced mini-bar!

I'm sure I will think of more just after I hit POST.

15. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On most trips we stay at Planet Hollywood and have been happy with the hip room. This last stay we got a resort room with double vanities/sinks and that was very nice. I actually had a place for my stuff in the bathroom. We spend very little time in the room and this last trip was the first time I can remember turning on the TV. Comfortable beds are a must.
    Mark

16. bubbamsu

bubbamsu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer a room without an overpriced mini-bar!

The true definition of an oxymoron!!!!

If you find the place, don't tell anyone, keep it to yourself. Because, as soon as the word gets out, the prices will go back to normal. :drunk:

17. VegasMike

VegasMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bed for when I do sleep. A shower to wake me up so I can get to it again. And a Big TV with at lease one channel (sports center). And a TV in the Bath room like at the Flamingo Go Room...Now that was nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.