1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are they doing under there?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Electroguy563, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Friends!!

I went to the Beatles LOVE show a while back in 2013. We sat in the upper rows. It was a great show.

Toward the ending of the show they cover the lower rows with a billowing white sheet that ended just two rows down from us.

What is happening under there? Is it a chance to grope each other? Or to light up and smoke weed?

Always wondered what the hell those people were experiencing under there.

Anyone whose been care to share what's happening under there? (Or what YOU personally did....) :evillaugh:wink2:

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    done it many times above, below and near the edge....

Nothing really to tell you other than it is kinda cool for the 30-90 seconds it lasts.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen it twice and I've been a couple of rows back from the edge of the tarp. Seems to me like if you're underneath, you can't see anything. You're sitting there with a tarp on your head, and then when the platform gets thrust into the air, the inside ring of the tarp is attached to the bottom of the platform, so you can't see it.

So it's probably like you're inside a balloon that gets inflated then popped.

4. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol nothing special was just at the show last weekend just a blanket waving above usm

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, I wondered just the opposite. What it looked like from above, and wondering what I was missing being under it. The first 30 seconds when it is coming towards you is kind of cool, other than that though, I thought it was stupid and pointless.

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another thing that bothers me is why couldn't everyone be covered by it? Why did it fall short of several rows?

Show designer doesn't know how to use a tape measure? :evillaugh:poke::beer:

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wondered why they did an effect that 1/2 the audience can't see.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They continue the act all the way to the top but I was so distracted by the cloth coming up and people pulling on it when the audience was instructed to not touch it I can't recall exactly what was going on.

9. troyzilla

troyzilla Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They project pictures of the yellow submarine on the sheet and the bed it is attached to moves up and down a few time before plummeting back under the stage causing the sheet to billow up and down. A few flashy lights. That's about all you miss when under the sheet.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.