1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are the good eats at the D and Golden Gate?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Wezvidz, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wezvidz

Wezvidz High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying downtown for my longest stretch yet in July (3 nights in a suite at the D comped).

This comes with $100 food credit at the D and I have a seperate $25 Golden Gate food voucher.

For all I've played at the D one off nights downtown, I don't even know anything about their food situation. Where can these food vouchers be used and more importantly, where are they worth being used? I heard rumbling about the hot dog place at the D, not sure where it's at on the property or if food comps can be used there.

Who has a rundown of my options?

2. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamo Steakhouse would be a good place to spend the credit, though one meal there will pretty much use it all up. The cafe isn't bad either. I'm pretty sure you can use them at the hot dog place, not sure about McDonalds. I think that's all they have at the D.

Golden Gate only has Dupar's. $25 is good for one meal, basically. Even a cheap burger there is in the $10-$12 range if I recall correctly. A shrimp cocktail + meal should use up most of your F&B.

3. aaisack

aaisack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D's diner upstairs is pretty good for burgers or breakfast foods. I've done their corned beef with hash and toast a couple times. They make their own jams which are pretty good. A pretty good meal for 10 bucks.

First time staying at the Flamingo
  4. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are in good shape!

1. Andiamo is arguably one of the top 5 restaurants in downtown Las Vegas. Wonderful food & service. Use about $80 (for one) of
    your comp there.

2. The D Grille, open 7 a.m. To 10 p.m., is an upscale diner. Use the remaining $20 (if you can split it) for breakfast or lunch. Very clean & nice.

3. There is a 24 hour hot dog place downstairs at the D. $4.05 for basic dog. Not gourmet, but great for midnight munchies.

4. There is a McDonald's downstairs. I have grabbed a cup of coffee, etc, from time to time.

I know lots of other places to eat downtown, but focused on the D.

5. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can second the diner at the D. Trying Andiamo in a few weeks. Dupar's at Golden Gate is over rated in my opinion but free is always good. Surprising they don't have a lower cost alternative. Maybe I'm still bitter because I miss the snack bar and piano player.

6. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamo Steak House ... 5-11 pm...voted #1 in Downtown Las Vegas... Comp basket olive bread, breadsticks, spread of olives and eggplant... it was good cold.. but I asked for it to be heated... Signature Tomahawk 32 oz. steak $65. others priced much lower...Crab-Lobster Louis, $17, lobster risotto, lobster bisque, table side caesar salad, sea scallops, lobster w/truffles baked ziti. When I could not use all my rather large comp at Andiamo's, I took a cheesecake dessert to my room for a midnight snack.
    ---
    The D Grill... mango relish coconut shrimp, crab cakes with horseradish cream, jicama slaw, french onion soup, ribs, reubens, sliders.
    ---
    The $2.99 shrimp cocktail at Golden Gate is very good and rather large and I like their sauce.
    ---
    I hope you enjoy yourself!!!

7. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamo Steakhouse is great, and pips Vic & Anthony's as my favourite downtown steakhouse.

I enjoyed it so much last year, I went there for a second visit!

Double digits!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.