1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What a lousy harvest this year.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been such a strange weather year. Temps way below normal for June & July and we still haven't officially had a day where we hit 90 degrees.

I have 4 apple trees and two black walnut trees. Total yield is 2 black walnuts and 5 apples. They never really blossomed this year.

The veggie garden is doing great. We are overwhelmed with tomatoes, peppers, radishes & beans.

I sure hope after last winter they are wrong about this winter being colder and snowier than normal. Last winter just sucked. It seemed like it snowed every other day. Ken2v- hush!

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a weird year. But I had blueberries ripe from June (normal) through August (NOT normal). My chest freezer is completely full of blueberries! Green beans did well, but I had problems with my tomatoes (that's my soil, not the weather, as in general they did quite well in the region - but I have wilt)

Flooding in midwest & drought out west - bad year indeed!

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I'm not much of a grower, with just some herbs and chiles, not like down south where it was essentially a citrus grove and berries and lotsa stuff in raised beds. But weird it is around here with our grape harvest coming in as early as it ever has been, with limited -- but anticipated to be quality -- fruit. It's crazy. Some pinot and chardonnay was hanging into October in 2011 and now it's been coming off since early August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.