1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wet 'n Wild to open by Memorial Day!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by split10's?, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm. It's interesting to me that the two projects mentioned don't seem to have hotels attached. Waterpark hotels are all the rage right now out here. I wonder if they will partner with nearby hotels to help promote them to tourists.

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of peeps are still wondering why the first one closed. It was gone long before my first Vegas trip, but I hear it was usually packed.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything that take kids away from my hotel pool is A+ in my book

5. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's odd. Wet 'n Wild will be to the west and Cowabunga Water Park will be to the east almost equidistant on str8 line from I-15.

Still far from the strip.

Found some more info

•The Rattler, the first ride of its kind in North America, sends passengers soaring down a twisting course in three-passenger rafts and through two "rattlers," slide elements that send the rafts rocking back and forth horizontally along the walls of the chute.
    •Canyon Cliffs, a speed slide that begins over 40 feet in the air in launch capsules.
    •Hoover Half Pipe, a ride that combines a whitewater rafting experience with a half pipe finale. A 57-foot drop will send passengers zooming up a wall and free-falling back down.
    •The park says that Constrictor, an enclosed tube ride, includes the tallest and tightest banking turns of any water slide in the world.
    •Splash Island is an enormous interactive water play center that includes two tipping buckets.

6. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, i thought the water slide through the shark tank at the Golden Nugget was rowdy, need to step it up a notch!

7. VegasVegan

VegasVegan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oohhh...I love water parks. Now LV will have two brand new ones. And also two new ferris wheels!

I'd better get out the tummy buster machine. Can't have flabby abs showing in front of the ladies.

8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember going to the old one when I was 14 or so. Rode the trolley from stardust to it (i was an idiot and rode the whole length of the strip south and back) and it was awesome. I walked back from it to stardust and the area really was scary to me

Tentative Arrival
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.