1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Went Surf Fishing Today

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beautiful conditions ,someone forgot to tell the fish but it was nice just being out there with my buddy smoking a cigar enjoying a perfect day. Some days life is just good. AC tomorrow with Mrs. win or lose we'll have a good time.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like fun. Both trips.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stripers! Used to fish off Sea Girt,Manasquan as a kid from SLHeights.Big lures..Liked freshwater better but have done it.Thrill to even get a hit let alone land one!.Have a great AC trip!

4. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at Island Beach State Park,found out later hat the big blues and stripers are blitzing in the bay. Used to do great on LBI ,but our usual spot was screwed by Sandy and the resulting beach replenishment. Thanks about the trip to AC.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had fun! I used to do a lot of fishing from the day party boats on the north end of LBI in Barnegat Light. Caught a ton of Blues and Sea Bass. Even got a Tuna one time.

Had a lot of drunks down towards the middle of the island.

LBI is a cool place. I always marvel at the beachfront homes. Incredible!

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading down to the Cape May area tomorrow to go surf fishing or off the rockpile at the Coast Guard base. Some good striper reports in Delaware bay, also in the Chesapeake.

Breeze, I thought you'd be hitting it already this season. As for LBI, you probably went out on the party boat, Miss Barnegate Light.

JG, good luck at Harrahs or Caesars. Don't forget the Lobby Bar at Ballys has some VP Machines. I think Harry's Oyster Bar is still doing buck a shuck during happy hour. Plus, they offer a decent rendition of an old time Philadelphia oyster bar classic: fried oysters and chicken salad.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went out on the Doris Mae several times. Most of our trips were on a boat that was semi-private whose name I can't remember, but the Captain and mates were cool guys. Did a ton of boozing at that bar down near the circle on the way back to the mainland, whose name I also forget.

8. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont feel bad,I live 15 minutes away and I cant remember the places name. I dont know if you ever went there but theres a German place called The Dutchman half way across the causeway that a lot of people like.

9. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck Hammie ,never got past the Toga Bar ,we had a 2fer coupon and some comp money for the Caesars buffet yesterday . We had lunch and both ended up with the shits. Crazy because we didnt eat any of the same food.

10. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any of you guys know Ernie who owned the bait and tackle shop in Lavallette? He was a great guy!

11. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No but I went to HS with a few Bogans.(Big charter family out of Brielle/Manasquan Inlet) .We had one's batchelor party on the Paramount but never left the dock for obvious reasons.Grooms best men got sweet fishing poles. Heard they sold the big boat to a scientific research group outside the states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.