1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Well now I'm Sapphire is it time for a change??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Kiwicol, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Mar 29, 2008
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just logged onto my MLife account for the first time in over a year.

Unsurprisingly I am now at Sapphire level, as for the first time in 5 or 6 years my annual Vegas trip got canned in 2013. Previously I have been Platinum - my 4 or 5 days a year in Vegas get and maintain me at that level.

My play is a little all over the place - probably averages at 2 hours + a day roulette (with $40 - 200 a spin depending on luck/alcohol intake - average probably $50), 1 hours at craps for fun at similar levels, 3 hours VP at varying denominations up to $1, and 1 or 2 hours slots for mindless fun.

Been enough for my host to offer free rooms up front and knock off all charges at the end of each trip.

Now this is at the Monte Carlo - but I have always been very comfortable there, and also not really had to worry about how much I am gambling to get RFB based on the lower room cost etc. Bottom line is I don't need a real fancy room etc.

So I'm starting to plan a trip for April. I would imagine my host will be happy to roll out the MC carpet again to at least some extent and offer me something.

But based on what has been happening with comps recently (that comment purely based on reading threads here), and the thought that maybe I should change it up and go somewhere else I'm interested in others thoughts.

If I was to go to (say) a CET property is it worth speaking to someone at CET first , or do I just need to book, get a players card and then try and hook up during my stay and see what they are willing to do ??

I guess if I did decide to hit another MGM property would you just book, or try and speak to someone at that property in advance??

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Oct 15, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely just call whichever MGM property you are interested in staying at and ask them what they can do for you. Hosts do not care what color your card is, and will offer you something based on past play. Throw a little play at CET (concentrate it on one day) and you will have mail from them for your next trip.
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

May 4, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can be at Sapphire and get better comps than a Plat. Happens often.

It is all based on average play.

As to CET - if you have not played there in the past, a little play may get you some rooms in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.