1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weird trip tool issue on Total Rewards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Kobra2848, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had something weird happen when I was looking at some dates this summer. I was looking at staying on a Weds/Thurs/Fri at PHO and the rates were Comp/Comp/78.20. I then changed the calendar to start at Tuesday and it showed Comp/Comp/Comp/60.80. It allowed me to book three days starting Wednesday and it kept the 60 dollar rate instead of the 78 dollar. I thought that was kind of weird. I received my confirmation for the Weds-Sat at the lower rate.
    Mark

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Because they expect you to maintain your ADT over a longer period, meaning they'll likely make more off you for the overall stay.

For every day you're there, the greater their chance to take your bankroll.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the second part of his post, he explained that he went back to the original dates (fewer days) and still got the cheaper rate.

4. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct I'm still staying the original three days Weds-Sat but at a cheaper rate for the Friday by moving the calendar back one day. I had never seen that before and wonder if it was a glitch in the system.
    Mark

5. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Oh, my bad.

Never know why it changed. Hotels use what's termed as "dynamic pricing" and it can change by day or hour based on availability, reservations and cancellations. So, who knows what happened in those few minutes, but it could have likely gone the other way as well.

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4045046.html

6. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, can make a diff.
    I notice it alot when booking Rental cars.
    Sometimes just a 1/2 hour change, can make a big price diff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.