1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weekend Cooking March 18-20

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HoyaHeel, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So as to avoid making the Slow Cooking turned Corned Beef thread any longer or more off-track, here's a more general thread for the cooks here. What are you making this weekend?

I'm making tacos al pastor (meat marinating & molding in the fridge right now - I'm using a Serious Eats Food Lab recipe/experiment Since that requires a couple days with chill time, that will be Sunday. Saturday night I'm doing sweet potato "noodles" with meatballs...(probably with rosemary garlic flavors, not sure yet)

2. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate Perhaps the only Vegas-obsessed millennial

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flambéing some pears in preparation for "crepe day" at work next week. I'll be doing a short run of them to see how they taste, and then the real deal the day before.

Visiting Cali. But would rather stay in Vegas, and fly in/fly out!
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tonight -- Ono beef kabobs. Soy/mirin marinade (think teri but not as ridiculously sweet and thick) on strip loin hunks -- shrooms, bells, onion, pineapple. Avo and jicama salad. Herb risotto. Zinfandel.

Tomorrow -- Chile verde. I'll char off the Anaheims, poblanos and tomatillos while grilling the kabobs tonight. Using loin and shoulder meat. Fresh corn torts. Have some black beans from a few weeks ago in the freezer, will refrito those guys. Champagne, probably a rose.

Sunday -- Good freakin' question. Maybe we'll go see what the fishmonger has in.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaning towards red beans and rice or maybe a pork loin. It's dependent on whether I even get out of bed this weekend.

5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does cutting up a couple of hot dogs, frying them in some butter and onions and then adding a can of B&M beans count?
    couple pieces of white bread and butter with a beer and I;m good to go....
    if it's good enough for anthony bourdain,...... ;)

did i mention my wife will be out of town saturday? :beer:

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tacos turned out delicious - but wow the salsa verde & guacamole salsa I picked up on a whim at the hispanic market were HOT. They were not marked as such ;-) I am a wimp when it comes to chile heat.

Revisions for tonight - sweet potato "noodles" with a white venison bolognese....It's cold & grey here, possibly rainy later, so I want something slow cooked and comfort food-ish....

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The chile verde turned out to be a great batch. This is what I did yesterday ... Bolognese:

IMG_1329.jpg IMG_1330.jpg IMG_1331.jpg

Those are the views at 2pm, 5pm and nearly 8pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.