1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Week day vs. Weekend stays

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sam in Ut, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally my Vegas vacations are during the week, simply because my (low roller) comps are for Sunday thru Thurs. This trip however we lucked out (sorta) because we had some room comps that included the weekend if we wanted. We got some Elton tickets for a Saturday night so I booked a Thursday thru Tuesday trip.

Are the weekends much different finding machines to play, restaurants and pools too crowded, minimums set high during the weekends, etc.?

2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stopping by to say hi!! :wave2:

(Besides, I don't really know the answer to your question as we usually go on weekdays as well.)

3. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think when the economy used to be better there was a big difference in terms of getting a good seating at dinner or table minimums but it hasn't seemed like that the last few trips I've had. To me - Weekends now seem like week nights from 6 years ago

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously, it depends on when you’ll be there. But, I’d say that on a “typical” Vegas week, you will notice a significant difference between weekend and week day. But, I don’t think it should be enough to keep you from doing what you usually like to do.

You might have to search around a little longer to find “your” machine. And if you’re used to playing $10/hand, you’ll probably have to fork over $15/hand on the weekend for the same game/rules. But, it isn’t like you’ll go from having an entire bank of machines to yourself on Thursday to having to wait in line to play a popular game on Friday.

For the restaurants: You might think about making a reservation or two. I was in town last weekend from Friday until (very early) Tuesday. On Sunday, we walked up to Carnevino (at a fairly popular dinner hour – though I can’t remember the exact time) and pretty much had our pick of tables. This was in stark contrast to the one-hour wait we had the same time on Saturday night for Gordon Ramsay’s Pub (NOT worth it, by the way…probably my worst Vegas meal experience to date!) Though, to be fair, GR Pub is the new kid on the block, so I would assume it would be a more popular destination (at least until more people try it:Þ).

I guess I’m just saying that you’ll probably have to put up with a few more inconveniences on the weekend than you would during the week. Overall though, it shouldn’t be a huge issue.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes to all of your questions.

Weekends are different from weekdays because there are more people.

With weekday stays you can find lower limits at the tables and have a better pick of what slot machines you want to play and the lines everywhere are shorter... however all those people there on the weekends also give the place a bigger buzz, better vibe and more of a party atmosphere.

When we go to Vegas we try to arrive on a Wednesday and stay until Tuesday: that lets us get in some quality gambling time before the weekend, then enjoy the weekend atmosphere and then gives us a couple of days afterwards to unwind and relax before we have to go home.

6. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for your comments and hopefully it'll be like Auggie said .....better vibe and more of a party atmosphere. Either way I'm sure "our" Vegas won't let me down.
    Hey BigDogmom good to hear from you too. I just got back from Colorado yesterday, spent some time with my brother in Longmont. Beautiful state!

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife makes the travel arrangements and usually Sunday/Monday thru Wednesday/Thursday is the way we roll.

This is mostly due to scheduling.
    Drop dogs off Saturday leaving all day to pack.
    Leave Sunday and return Wed or Thursday.
    This gives a 3-4 day weekend to recoup and get back on Eastern Time.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On weekends if you want to eat at a decent place at a normal hour, make a reservation. During the week you often wouldn't need to.

We're seeing Elton Saturday the 27th...is that the same show as you?

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the same and it seems Airfare is cheaper and most comp'd room offers are only good Sun - Thurs.

10. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get comp offers for weekend and weekdays and I almost always opt for the weekdays.
    Crowds are less, don't have to make reservations for restaurants. And I can usually get a little more from my host.
    Negatives - some places close, and you have the risk of conventioneers during your stay.

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually do weekends, and it's not that bad. Only once, can I recall it being so busy it was pretty miserable (around Christmas time a few years ago). I went last May, and there was a number of things going on, and all the hotels were pretty close to sold out, and still, it wasn't bad at all.

You gotta remember there are thousands of slots and tables, and places to eat and go. The amount of people that have to be in Vegas for it to be unbearable is insane.

But I've gone on off times during the week and it was so dead it was almost creepy.. so I'd rather it be busy! I guess it depends what you are there for.

12. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey mike, yes we'll be seeing Elton on the 27th too. Got the cheap seats but I don't care. Should be fun. Are you going to the TI meet? I planned to then my daughter bought the Hoover Dam tour for the family. Maybe we'll be back by 5 so I can make it. Have a blast Mike!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.