1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

web design and hosting for e-commerce site

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by kathiemc23, Aug 29, 2016.

1. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so frustrated. I moved my primary website to shopify and hired a web designer to re-do the site. He told me he really wanted my other 4 sites, but I don't see that happening. The one site is almost done, but not exactly functional yet. Which is super annoying if people are trying to place orders. I'm having trouble getting timely responses from him and the updates I need to finish the site. Does anyone have any advice here or any good contacts if I want to move the site and get some updates to do it? This is urgent because I need it all up and running correctly for the holidays.

Thanks,
    Kathie

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had some advice to give you. I seem to have the same problem with developers that Spinal Tap had with drummers. ;) It's too bad because I have a long list of projects on my plate if I could find someone both talented and reliable.

I would suggest you try to tie payments to performance. Most of them want you to pay up front. If you can, scale the payments to deliver payment when they meet project goals. That's the big lesson I took away from my last venture when migrating to this new software. We ended up delayed 5 months. :grrr:

If you've already paid, it seems to me that all you can do is to be the squeaky wheel and keep asking and asking and asking for updates on completion dates. My theory is that if you are annoying enough they will finish to get you off their back.

3. ianjamescox

ianjamescox Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the lurking, however I run a web design and build company that could help you!

Didnt expect to see a post like this when doing my vegas research.

Admin note - URL removed, please PM for link

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
  4. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya ... good advice ... I actually did pay half up front and the 2nd half when we put the new site up. When I did that I told him I was concerned about what would happen if I have issues. He assured me that he would be available because he also wants my other 4 sites. Now the site is up, doesn't quite work, he doesn't respond to e-mails and his voicemail is full. Aaaaargh. I don't know of any other ways to be annoying, but all for suggestions.

5. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did send you a pm, feel free to respond with your link. I'll take a look.

6. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Web developer here also - PM me if you need a second opinion. I don't normally do Shopify, I'm more on the custom side - but I can offer a 2nd view if you need it.