1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weather in December

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by IrishPrincess, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishPrincess

IrishPrincess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Simple as that (and possibly a stupid question)

Heading in December have read the average temperature is about 14-16 (celsius) but given the humidity difference between over the pond and my tiny little cold island does it feel like that kind of temperature.

Planning on a whole new wardrobe for the trip and will be taking in Grand Canyon & LA while there and the sales have started so want to be adequately prepared.

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At night, it is going to be chilly. While you won’t need a heavy parka, you will probably need a reasonably warm jacket or coat. And you’ll probably want to pack some sweaters and warmer clothing as well.

During the day, it’s sort of a crap shoot. When the sun is out and the winds are calm, it will feel very nice – you’ll even get away with wearing short sleeves occasionally. But if the winds are strong, you’ll definitely want something warmer, and perhaps even a wind breaker or light jacket as well.

If you plan on being out of your hotel room all day and into the night, make sure you have a jacket or sweater with you. Once that sun goes down, the temps can drop like a rock.

(I can't help with LA or GC...only been there in summer.)

Number 50!
  3. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone to Vegas the week before Christmas the past two years and thecarve pretty much summed it up.

During the day I was wearing jeans and a hoodie. At night a jacket is pretty much a must. Last year it was really cold.

4. ValerieJo

ValerieJo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there the year before (Christmas week 2011) and it was really warm.

First time at 4 Queens
  5. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there Mid Dec. on a 1 week trip last year. It was defiantly not 14 16C. We brought clothing appropriate for those temps and ended up shopping for warmer clothing, another thing was the wind, the wind was strong while we were there. I don't know if the wind is a normal thing but I don't see us going in Dec ever again.

Just for clarification. We live where 25C in the summer is a hot day and will see -15 to -25 for a good portion of the winter. My experience is that no it sure doesn't feel like it should without the humidity we are used to.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.