1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

We watched possibly worst movie ever made.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, maybe worst ever is a stretch but this was one giant bomb. Airplane vs. Volcano (2014). It was just awful, but yet like watching a bad car wreck, you just can't turn away. It is supposed to be a drama, but it was so dumb, we laughed our way through the movie.

We followed that up with "Under The Skin" (2013). All I can say is Scarlett Johanson must have had a yacht payment due to make this turkey. Totally non nonsensical and boring.

Three hours of my life I can never get back!

We streamed both from Netflix and I've noticed we seem to have lowered our standards since we started streaming, but thank goodness we didn't pay for them in a theater.

Christmas
  2. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get Netflix and Amazon Prime and end up watching some really crappy movies. Just watched last week "Someone Marry Barry" and "Wedding Weekend" ranks right up there with the worst. "Someone Marry Barry" female lead was a pig (she wasn't ugly) her character was equivalent to a frat boy. Of course I watched the entire movie - couldn't stop watching.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That is weird. I would have assumed a movie titled "Airplane vs Volcano" starring Dean Cain and Robin Givens would be a masterpiece. It's 2.5/10 on imdb and its 11% on Rotten Tomatoes notwithstanding.

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try "Bunkuru" for a truly awful experience. Trying to be avant garde and fails miserably.

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just streamed "Glengarry, Glenn Ross" last night on Netflix, I've seen it before but it was awesome uncut and without commercial interruption, its a classic. Star studded, great acting, crisp dialog.

Also streamed "12 Years a Slave" off HBO to Go, I had an epiphany and I'm no bleeding heart, trust me.

Last week I streamed a Korean film released in 2003 called "Oldboy", an intense film with a unique plot twist at the very end. It was re-done last year with Josh Brolin but not as good.

6. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    90% of the movies lately are just trash. Not original, poor story and usually not cohesive or flowing.

7. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sharktopus is the worst!!!!

8. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently watched a documentary on Netflix called "Best Worst Movie" about the making of a turkey from 25 years ago called "Troll 2". It's absolutely hilarious and fun and a great story.

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We watched some 4+ hour long movie from Russia about the Nazis that would challenge any bad movie. Zzzzzzz

There was a time I was quite the aficionado for bad horror movies. I highly recommend Hard Rock Zombies for best bad movie ever made.

10. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I saw the headline of your thread my immediate thought was "he ought to see under the skin before he says that. then i opened the thread and there it was!:thumbsup:

11. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The collective works of Hugh Grant ,pick out any one .Any idiot who was dating a gorgous actress(forget her name) and is caught in Hollywood with an ugly crack ho' should be stuck in an elevator with a player to named later.

12. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow joe.....not many of us have the history that allows us to contemplate choosing a video / movie or whatever and asking "how bad could it be"? you now know....lol

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  13. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was very disappointed in Godzilla. It was horrible.

14. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oldboy is a really good movie. I refuse to watch the new one, cause well they didn't need to redo it.

15. Its Only Money

Its Only Money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Under the Skin here. What was that?

I need one more trip to up my frequent flier level
  16. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, usually at the end of the movie they kind of tie up the loose ends and explain what was going on. not so with that movie, I still cant figure out who those guys on the bikes were, who was she, where was she from, etc, etc? At least Scarlett was nude.

17. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of Netflix, did you watch the Blacklist last season Joe? My wife and I started watching it last week and and finished all 17 episodes of the first season by last night. Lucky because the second season starts tonight and I have so many other things recording, we will have to watch it live.

Anyway Joe, the "Evil/Friendly/helpful/omnipotent" character Reddington, reminds me of you a little!

17 hours of a great show if you haven't seen it! - Sorry, no naked ladies.

18. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most recent absolutely atrocious movie was "Anchorman 2". Sharknado 2 was so bad it was actually entertaining. I'd watch Sharknado 2 again but Anchorman 2 was so bad that I gave the DVD that I purchased to a thrift shop.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  19. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, never seen it. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Christmas
  20. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Blair Witch Project
    ( I can't believe I sat in the theatre til the end +
    didn't "get" the last scene )
    FOG
    ( by Woody Allen - the screen was so filled w/ fog -
    I couldn't see anything........I walked out......the only movie I EVER walked out on )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.