1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WAX question northbound at Steward?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the WAX northbound stop at 4th and Steward. Last time we took it we walked to 4th & Carson and caught it there, but then once on the bus, the driver announced 4th and Steward. Something like last stop before Westcliff Transit Center. That would sure be a shorter walk from MSS, but the RTC on line guide doesn't show it as a stop. Anybody know?

Christmas
  2. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the WAX stops at 4th and Stewart. It's not right at the intersection but several hundred feet north, but before the freeway overpass. It is shown on the map of that route. http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2014/09/WAX.pdf

If you use Google Maps and put in directions from Main Street Station to Suncoast, it tells you to walk to that stop as well if you choose the transit directions.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For sure, the WAX announces the Steward stop heading north, but I think I've only witnessed it stopping there once when someone onboard indicated they wanted to get off. I've always used the 4th and Carson stop when heading from MSS to Suncoast, but mainly along the lines of "safety in numbers." The Steward stop appears a bit more isolated than the one near Walgreen's, and 4th and Carson isn't that much out of the way.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The link you posted is the same one I looked up prior to posting. It shows a stop at 4th and Carson and then the next one listed is Westcliff.

Thanks, good to know it stops there.

Christmas
  5. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You actually have to look at the map itself, it's a little circle inset map on the main map and it shows the a dot at Carson and then one north of Stewart.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.