1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wax or cab to downtown from strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Criminole, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be close to the Tropicana stop so I wondered if it was worth the savings to take a little longer to get dt? I would think so but could see me being overruled by the rest of my party. How much longer does it take by bus?

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the Tropicana, the WAX won't take 10 minutes more than a cab to go downtown! It gets right onto the expressway from NYNY and makes brief stops at LV Premium Outlets and the Transit Center before the FSE stop by Walgreen's. The only possible negative is it only runs about every hour. I've ridden it many times. In fact, depending how the cab goes, the WAX could be faster! It's certainly a lot cheaper.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it is even 5 minutes to Tropicana, but as mentioned the you have to wait for the bus up to an hour. I would of course, but others would not. There is a wait for taxies and they never seem to be cheap, and then there is a tip. For me (old) the WAX is a 30 minute ride downtown for $1.00. After being couped up in a plane for 6+ hours I like to stretch and walk a bit at the airport anyway.

Jimbo338

4. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes take the Wax

Tropicana is 1st stop-U can't beat the price--Here is prices--
    Code:
    http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/fare_passes.cfm
    Here is routes--

Code:
    http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/route/westcliff/westcliff%2811-07-10%29.pdf

5. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wax would be great, of course you shouldn't waste time waiting for the bus, go to the bus schedule, write down the times it passes the trop, and plan accordingly. From the trop to DT is only 20 or so min.

6. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all of the replies! If given the choice I will take the bus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.