1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Watching the WSOP November 9 Live -- Any Tips?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by agirl, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agirl

agirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever been to Penn & Teller theater to watch the WSOP final 9 play? If so, can you give me any tips....I know it starts Monday Nov. 4 at 8 p.m. Thanks for any insight.

2. Dobber2320

Dobber2320 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched it live for the first two years that it was in November.

If you don't have an in with a player and you just want to go in and watch GA then the best advice would be to get there early. Really early and get into line to watch.

Both years I found tickets (free) outside and got them from groups that had extras to go an watch their friends play in the tourney. If you can find tickets like that it gives you in and out privileges that you don't get with GA.

When someone gets knocked out be near the door and see if any of their friends have a ticket that they will give you so that you can be guaranteed a seat.

Be prepared for it to be dull - nothing like watching poker on TV as you have no ideas what the hole cards are unless there are two all in's and then you will see what they are. Even with it being shown live there is still a delay for 15 minutes or so in order to protect the players.

Enjoy - it was fun but very long night.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some buddies of mine watched the final table there a few years ago. They said the seating was fine and they had monitors set up so you could see all the action. I assume you have watched poker tournaments before. if not, get ready. its nothing like the TV highlight shows. Its mostly a lot of folding and play is slowwwwww. If you watched the marathon final table live on ESPN last year, you know what I mean

4. agirl

agirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, guys! Super helpful!

5. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ill be in Vegas the 5-10th, Ill have to go check it out maybe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.