1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

watch refurbishing

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by schwaiguy, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, Everyone,

I'm looking for a place within, say, 15 minutes of the Strip. I wanna take my modest watch collection and have the batteries changed and even buy a new band for one. I want full-service but not to pay an arm and a leg.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

schwaiguy

2. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think you would be better off finding a good local jeweler for battery changes. The Omega store at Bellagio recommended I send my Omega Seamaster Chronograph to one of their service centers for maintenance. I was quoted around $700 bucks for a complete service with warranty. It is still in COSC standards but doesn't have the power reserve like in the past. My wife has a bad habit of buying watches to go with certain outfits. It seemed every month she would have a watch our two needing new batteries. I purchased a back remover and a watch press on ebay along with an assortment of different battery types and it has worked great the last two years. I would not attempt on a nice watch but most of hers are Seiko, Coach, Guess and Fossil brands.

Mark

3. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming you have a car, nearly everyplace in town is within 15 minutes of the strip. Just google watch repair and you're on your way. Really, though, unless you have some ulterior motive, Kobra's advice is spot on - take them to a local jeweler or repair shop. I'm sure any city will be able to provide you with several options to choose from.

4. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not my city. . .

schwaiguy

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Tourneau watch in the Forum shops at Caesars that will do battery replacements. I don't remember the cost but it was a little pricing. It's worth going just to check out all the cool watches.

Mark

6. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tourneau is the world's largest watch store. Always fun to check out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.