1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Want to visit las vegas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Benandrosie, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benandrosie

Benandrosie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Myself and hubs have never been to usa--I really want to go to Las Veggas , it's been a dream of mine for years! we don't know where to stay -I have seen good deals for theLuxor , Escalabier Stratosphere and Circus Circus ! Where do people suggest? X

2. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a very hard question to answer. My advice is to spend some time on this Board and look at some websites such as Vegas.Com and Lasvegas.com. Set your budget and timeframe and plan around that. Loads of very helpful people here to answer more specific questions. Good luck with your planning.

3. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll get more useful advice if you let folks know your budget for trip.

4. David Grant

David Grant Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Circus circus and stratosphere are too far from the main action, however having stayed in both they are both good starter hotels for first timers. Luxor and Excalibur are decent enough and in good locations at the north end of the strip. I am just back from Luxor and would recommend it for a first timer. Rooms are decent if a little dated.
    Enjoy your trip.
    David

Ready to take on the world at the WSOP
  5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas hotels are priced very competitively based on demand. There are reasons one hotel is cheaper than another. I'd recommend MGM or Paris for you as the least expensive places you should consider for your first time to Vegas, especially if traveling from overseas.

6. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor and Excalibur are actually near the south end of the strip, but the locations are acceptable. Stratosphere and Circus Circus are so far removed from everything else, they may as well be in Phoenix.

I like the mid-range places. Treasure Island, Monte Carlo, NYNY have served me well. A notch down, maybe Bally's, Flamingo, Harrah's.

Pick something that fits your budget, between Encore (north end) and Mandalay Bay (south end) and you will have an enjoyable trip without a bunch of unnecessary travel time.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome aboard. Check out the HOTELS section for ideas.

People will suggest LOTS of places. Most are fine. Some are just.... well...not so great.

As mentioned, between Encore and M-Bay are lots of great options. Start checking their rate calendars before booking flights. The same room can run from $100 to $500 a night depending on what is going on.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And also what you're interested in. If you just want to gamble, that's one thing. If you want nice rooms and service, that's another. If you want dining and/or nightclubs, that's another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.