1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Want to try something new in the CET family...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jgates8, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally rotate stays between Paris, Flamingo, Ballys. As a habit I have become very comfortable with eating in repetitive places & have a tendency to not venture to somewhere new.

Any thoughts or suggestions on somewhere you think would be worth trying?

As a note I didn't like Serendipity 3 nor Burger Braissiere (after trying both a couple of times), did just try Yong Kang at Paris & Giada's at Cromwell this last trip.

Highly doubt I will eat a steakhouse type of meal this time, but if I do, it will likely be BLT (did Center Cut this last trip & previously).

The only thing defined on my list is likely Ramsey's Pub at Caesars.

And yes I have eaten numerous times at Margaritaville & Hash House & Sugar Factory (now Hexx).

Any thoughts on something you don't think I should miss & why? I just need to think outside the box a bit..... Just prefer to keep it in the CET family as I may need to budget a bit this trip & I have enough RC's to cover meals.

2. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yolo's at PH for decent Mexican food. At least better than Carlos and Charlie's...

3. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really enjoyed Yolo's last year.

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i didn't like Ramsay's pub. The food was meh and even though we had a rez, we were seated in the bar....and the stools at the hightop table were very uncomfortable.

At Caesars, I like Nobu, Rao's and Searsucker. Old Homestead is one of my favs if you decide to do a steakhouse.
    Searsucker is a great deal if you go between 11:30 and 5:30. The bar has discounted small plates.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At CP, I like Bejiing Noodle No. 9 and Payard's Patisserie and Bistro. At Bally's I like Sea The Thai Experience and the Sterline Brunch. Mon Ami Gabi is worth a go if you are interested in another over recommended restaurant. Beyond that, they tend to close places I really like.

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You said that you hadn't planned on a steakhouse meal this trip, but I just ate at "the Strip House" in PHo last week and thought it was great!!!

I had:

1/2 dozen oysters
    lamb T-bone
    goose fat potatoes
    creme brulee

No complaints here . . .

7. macker69

macker69 Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BURGR at PH was decent last time we ate there. The truffle parmesan fries are amazing!

I would also recommend Mon Ami Gabi

8. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had good meals at the Oyster Bar in Harrah's. The service is marginal. They need more staff, IMO. You do better sitting at the bar. We don't eat oysters and there was lots of selection.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't list all of the places I have tried of course but I have done MAG many times - I actually prefer it for breakfast & it is on my list this trip.

I have only done clam chowder at Oyster Bar - it was a last minute lunch as the KGB burger place that I had a groupon for was closed at lunch during the week at that time - may be worth another stop to try something different. I do remember the bread was AWESOME.

Basis for Pub is to get the Sticky Toffee Pudding - but maybe will consider just stopping for that & skipping the food - although seems one of each opinion in the Good & Bad column lol.

Did do Beijing #9 one time the first year it opened.

Yolo's sounds like a mark down on the list item also. (I wasn't that thrilled with C&C either)

Rao's has been on the list many times but it seems every time I consider going there I read a bad review lol & can the idea!!! :rolleyes2:

Thank you for the opinions & suggestions so far.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I would try that new Buca cafe at Bally's before I would do Raos. The food is good, but I still left thinking what the heck is the big deal. I think we are conditioned to think everything from the East Coast is the best thing ever and that's not the case.

11. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't compare Buca di Beppo, a chain restaurant (and not even really a great one) to Rao's. Having said that, although Rao's is good, it is overrated and overpriced, in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a bad experience, it was good, but not as good as it should be for the hype and prices. I have been there three times, though. Buca di Beppo was a one-time mistake for my entire family.

If you want really good Italian food (and I know the OP wasn't asking for this) go to Nora's off strip.

I think all of the restaurants I would recommend have already been mentioned.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can compare the two. My experience at Rao's was disappointing because I didn't feel their food was any better than Buca. At least we've had more fun at Buca.

13. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mesa Grill at Caesars is good. We really liked the steak dinner at GR Pub and yes the sticky toffee pudding is to die for but if you were thinking of only going in for that then I would suggest getting it at GR Steak instead. You can still go in and sit in the lounge or at the bar and get desert there and in my opinion the pudding is just a little bit better at Steak because they use brown butter ice cream where at the pub it's vanilla.

Also, I know it's a chain but we really like PF Chang's at Planet Hollywood and we don't have one in Vancouver.

14. Skyler

Skyler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about Guy Fieri's place at Linq? I went and had an app and it was good, but the burgers coming out looked really good. I might try it for a full meal next time.

15. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought GR Pub was pretty good back in February, but I was expecting a more diverse set of beer choices.

Big Game 2017 == Vegas XXVI
  16. MojaveJoe

MojaveJoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed Gordon Ramsey's in Caesars the last time we were in LV. I would highly recommend the seafood platter at the oyster bar at Harrahs. Decent seafood and very nice staff. We prefer sitting at the bar.

Another new place we tried was Giada's at Cromwell. One of the best Vegas breakfast experiences we've had. We're set for dinner there next week due to our past visit.

17. steelcity5044

steelcity5044 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yolo's is awesome but they do not use TR points for paying

18. CYaInVegas

CYaInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After visiting Vegas 45 times one has eaten pretty much everywhere. So on every visit we make a point of eating at a new place at least once per day. We usually only eat 2 meals per day. On my upcoming trip we are trying Triple George and Rock Pizza. Both are downtown and I have read good reviews for both. We don't eat at high$$ places in Vegas . I also try to find locals places. Omelette House on Charleston has the best omelettes ever. Ginormous breakfast for 2 was about $20 total not counting tip. Its hard to recommend places to eat because everyones standards are so different.

19. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lasagna at Trevi in the Forum Shops was delish.

20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you room charge at Yolo's & pay with TR credits at check out? (Like Mon Ami does). Or can you pick up a voucher at TR?

Glad to hear that GR at Paris will allow the desert order at the bar. Just not interested in the full menu. I may do that one evening for a treat.

Did Giada's in April - it was fine but $135 or so for lunch for two? Ugh. So not planning a return trip.

Hashed around Guy's a bit but a lot seems to be spicy in choices. But I'll check again.

Thank you - I love to hear the opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.