1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Want To Ship Motorcycle From East Coast To Las Vegas-ANY Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DOUBLE B, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Living In SC and have a second home in LV. I want to ship my motorcycle to Vegas. Anyone go any experience with shipping anything to Vegas. Anyone got any suggestion as to best and most economical way? Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having watched that show Shipping Wars, I have heard about Uship.com. I've never used their services, but I would think it would be a good place to find some info on shipping it. It appears that you can get free quotes on their site too.

Me personally, I would give some thought to driving it across country myself. Take my time, drive a few hours a day, stop and see some sites, and "tour" a bit of the U.S. How ofte can a person say they did that?

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you personally know a trucker who is an owner-operator, they will sometimes take an item if they have room & is close to their route.

4. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not contact a motorcycle dealer or the Patriot Guard.

5. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No dealer will ship a motorcycle to another location. I checked all of them!

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work for a dealership, dealerships do not "ship" we hire outside contractors just like anyone else would have to.

They are expensive, I would try USHIP, I have known guys to use this service and it worked out well.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little thread jack, but wow, what's with the pony tail guy? I think I know why he's got an ex wife or two and drives with a cat. I hope someone cleans his clock before the end of the season. A total d*ck.

As for shipping a motorcycle, I would spend extra care in crating it up so it does not get damaged.

8. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to one of the motorcycle forums and do a search, you'll find many answers. There are shippers that specialize in motorcycles that will crate your bike correctly and know how not to damage it.

9. evinrude

evinrude Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's a reasonable decent bike (e.g., not just an old honda that you tool around on), it's worth the $$$ to use a motorcycle-specific shipping company. I used forward air for several bikes (seattle to tucson), and was pleased with the results. Expect to spend $500ish (+/- a few hundred for geography, gas, etc.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.