1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Want a potential discount to your fave restaurant while visiting? YMMV

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by kewidogg, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to their website and sign up for their e-mail club.

Often they will ask when your birthday or anniversary is. Put the date you are travelling to Vegas.

I just did this for a great Brazilian steak house, and they sent me a $25 coupon for my birthday. Normal lunch there is $31, so pretty solid score

As mentioned in the title, YMMV (your mileage may vary, or rather, this might or might not work depending on restaurant)

2. markr520

markr520 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's blatantly dishonest and misleading.

3. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earl of Sandwich send you an email with a coupon for a free sandwich after signing up for their mailing list. Wife and I each have one for this trip.

4. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will also send you one for your birthday.

5. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, it certainly is. So are a lot of frugal tips...I don't think you're supposed to sell SWA drink tickets but people do all the time.

In fact let me scan the front page of tips from the Frugal message board...

Mandalay Bay Pool Cups -- This thread is about bringing last years cups in to circumvent buying new cups

If I don't have a restaurant in my hometown, where if I joined and used my real birthday (and was offered that coupon), I wouldn't be able to use it, is that better? They are getting me in to get my business. I'll be purchasing far more than the difference of the meal (doesn't apply to alcohol, which I'll consume plenty).

Morally? Sure this might be morally wrong. But...this is Vegas we're talking about. I don't come to Vegas to go to church.

6. Big dan

Big dan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen!

7. j3x

j3x Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which Steak House?

8. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to keep anonymity and all, I'll just mention it's just off the strip a few blocks.

However I want to point out that Hash House a Go Go does a similar thing I believe as well (although I don't think we're going there this trip)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.