1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Walk to In and out Burger?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Knucklehead69, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being I live in Denver (No In and Out's :cry:) I'm curious if anyone knows if there is one within walking distance of the strip. I stay at on the south strip (MGM, Monte Carlo) and see there seems to be one right on the other side of the freeway off Tropicana. I'm coming into town on Sunday Dec 1....Any advice if I should set off on foot?

2. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is technically walkable but not pedestrian friendly as you'll have to peg it across the multi-lanes freeway entries and exits and you'll also have to check the Streetview part of Google maps to see if there is a footpath through the freeway underpass as well.

3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did walk to the one on the other side of the freeway from NYNY. Stay on the side of the freeway that the Excalibur is on. Excaliburs parking lot leads you right to it. There is a sidewalk on that side going across the freeway bridge.

4. Pattie

Pattie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at the Tropicana and did the walk there. Great direction in post above and even better burger. Do yourself a favour and know the secret menu before going.

6. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it is walkable, but like previous person said it is not exactly pedestrian friendly. The lights are long and slow and the walk symbols tie up traffic in all directions. The worst one is on the westside of the freeway, but if you have never had in n out, its worth the walk. Double double animal style with vanilla shake and dip your fries in the shake.

7. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

Thanks for the info everyone! Looks like I'll be heading that way Sunday for lunch!

8. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In and Out Burger

We walk it every time and it isn't as bad as people make it. It does cross over the freeway but there is a sidewalk the entire way. You just have to be on the Excalibur side of the road.

9. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely walkable, might not be so fun in the hot hot summer but would be perfect in the daytime now. I made the mistake of taking the NYNY side of the street my first time assuming since its on the same side of the street that it would be best...wrong! It is also weird how you have to cross the street at dean martin dr., cross over tropicana, and then cross back over dean martin to get there and those lights are longgg.

10. ylp-susie

ylp-susie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So using these directions, any suggestion on about how long of a walk it is? Say from Excalibur... 30 min? Less? More?

11. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son and I walked it in about 40 minutes-- was about 39 minutes longer than it was worth.

12. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If one was to take the 201 west, is there a bus stop near it? If so, where and how to identify?

Jimbo338

13. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking on Google Maps there is a bus stop right outside NYNY on Tropicana and the next stop is outside WildWildWest, but then you've still got to get back across Dean Martin Drive to get to In&Out. For the return trip you probably will walk further crossing DM and Tropicana to get to the bus stop as walking all the way back to NYNY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.