1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

walk-in doctors on strip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LV_Bound, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've a vaugely
    recall someone posting about a walk in doctors clinic on the strip can someone post where that is.

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all of the trips over the years, we've had two family members who needed to see a doctor, and one of them was potentially serious.

My one brother got a minor eye injury. We thought it was ok but it kept bugging him and the pain got worse. I asked the security guy at Stardust what to do. He warned us "Do not go to University ER!" and recommended Desert Springs on Flamingo. He got right in, I did as much of the paperwork as I could for him and they got him all fixed up.

This last trip my other brother developed a nasty cough. I finally insisted that he was going in! We were playing at Sams Town when I put my foot down about it. I asked the security guy there what was handy and he said either the quick clinic at Walgreens or better, a "Quack In The Box" urgent care clinic that was actually a side door to a regular doctors office down the street. That's where I took him. It was maybe a 1/2 hour wait. No formality except for the usual "Billfold Biopsy" and such. They treated it very aggressively. Horse-pill antibiotics and steroid anti-inflammatory.

Hope this helps.

4. Wolfman619

Wolfman619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    desert spring on flamingo rd treated me once for an allergic reaction. they do not f**k around there. they get you in and treat you, the emergency room is unlike anything ive ever seen. but, they got me in tip top shape, and doc even gave me an IV for my hangover, no joke.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the Walgreen's and CVS drug stores have walk in clinics for run of the mill stuff too. You can check their websites for details. And if you buy travel medical insurance (foreign visitors) they say to call them first and they'll send you someplace.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    found a walk in clinic at the Walgreens across from Monte Carlo.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was reading an article several years ago about the incredible size of MGM and how they have their own mini-power plant to provide some of the juice that the property needed. The article also spoke to an on-site medical office staffed 24/7 by nurses and a physician for employees issues and possibly patrons as well. That was a while ago though... even if it is still there, not sure it'd be an amenity they promote.

8. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the Walgreen's walk in clinic by Palazzo a few years ago. It was for a bronchial type flu thing. They were fine and the same as any other Walgreen's walk in clinic.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The urgent care one right behind PH on Harmon.

http://www.harmonmedicalcenter.com/

My Mom got seriously ill on one of our trips last year (one of her existing health problems flared up). They were really great and helpful, and it was quick. We did end up at the Sunrise hospital (which is also great), but this was way easier than the emergency room.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they still have a clinic at the former Imperial Palace?

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is GREAT by MGM if it's sill in place........having a son who is a MD most don't realize the responsibility that is taken by the doctor in charge within a emergency situation....... Said son once had to respond to a emergency while in flight with American Airlines.....touchy situation for him and I think American Airlines....but years ago you would just LOVE to have a doctor aboard......now doctors have to take precautionary steps to protect himself first...
    BTW American Airlines did compensate said son for his actions......class act by the airlines.

12. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for harmon medical Center

+1 for Harmon medical center, & they take most Insurance.

2011 Superbowl, they fixed my sinus infection.
    They also have a pharmacy in the building.

Quick in & out, Nice doctors
    Just behind PH on Harmon.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I "heard" (so not sure how true) that by having the on-site doctor come to your room it is about $800. Would like to hear back from anyone who has used the on-site doctor.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, closed several years back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.