1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wal-Mart's alcohol selection?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by da1chifan, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are making a few hour trip over to Sam's Town our 2nd day there and saw there is a Wal-Mart across the street. I heard the NV Wal-Mart's have alcohol.

Is there a big selection or just the basics? Or are we no better off than just buying it when we are downtown at the beginning of our trip?

Thanks for any info you can provide! :)

Stephanie

2. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are only going to have the basics. If you want a large variety of selections in Las Vegas look for either a Lee's Discount Liquors or Total Wine & More that is in the area where you are going to be. Either of these stores is well worth the drive as you could probably spend an hour or two in one of these stores if you want to browse thru the aisles.

3. BrendanMc

BrendanMc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's one of those super Walmarts then yes, they will have everything. Regular Walmarts do not.

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It might help if you listed a few things you were considering buying. If you are looking for a $100 bottle of scotch, I'm not even sure if the places downtown are going to have exactly what you want. I can't comment on NV walmarts, but for ones in WI, they have all the basics + most of the well known premiums. You will have a few choices of Vodka for example, but not 20+.

I would 2nd the suggestion of heading to Lee's Discount Liquor. Very nice selection there and probably the best prices in town. There are enough around Las Vegas that it shouldn't be more than 5-10 minutes out of your way to get to one.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I guess that might have helped. Here are the things I'd be looking to buy...

Leinie's Summer Shandy
    a bottle of limoncello
    a bottle of wine or champagne
    a bottle of flavored vodka (smirnoff, absolut?)

It sounds like I will have to look across the street when we get to Sam's Town and see if it is a supercenter or not, then I know how good my chances are. :)

We are at the Golden Nugget for 3 nights and then PH for the next 6...

Thanks for all the input!!!

6. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are welcome to try Walmart but a few of those are pretty specific. Example would be that they will have some flavored vodkas, but they may be missing a few flavors.

Leinie's Summer Shandy - This one is doubtful. Leinies has spread outside the midwest, but it is still hit and miss.

a bottle of limoncello - I would also put this as doubtful only because I've never heard of it.

I would highly suggest just heading to Lee's

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=lees+discount+liquor&fb=1&gl=us&hq=lees+discount+liquor&ei=n84pUJ_BHIT0qQGVkYHgCw&ved=0CMQBELYD

It looks like there is one right on Harmon on the other side of 515 from Sams Town.

Another option if you are taking a cab all over the place is to head to Lee's from the airport before you head downtown.

7. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.