1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Waiving Resort fees

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by harveyd63, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harveyd63

harveyd63 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a such thing as waving resort fee if you dont use what tey are offering.
    Thanks

??????
  2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope. (I'm sure people will chime in with 19 different answers and exceptions) You can have them comped off if you gamble.. just go to the players club desk and ask if they can do anything about your bill. Or if you have a high level players club status sometimes it's waved (I think platinum at Total Rewards it's waived)

I know they make it sound optional, and you get all these perks, but it's really just a way for them to fake lower rates. Instead of saying a room is $103, they can tell you it's $75 with a $28 resort fee, and you think it's less. I like to look at it as, in any other city, you would pay $28 to park... It was just their way to dealing with the recession, and creeping rates back up, because the market couldn't bare an actual rate increase.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

If they tell you it is $103 or $75+$28, who possibly thinks one is less?

4. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The person who failed math in school. It might be more of a psychology thing.

5. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes I hear things like, "get this $20 item for $2 plus shipping and handling." The problem is that they charge $30 for shipping and handling. Shipping charges may be $5, but they add an additional $25 for handling.

6. sfchris

sfchris Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $75 is what's on all the travel websites. The $28 is in fine print.

Long before I read this board, I learned about these new fees the hard way. At checkout. :(

I will bet most first time visitors to Vegas do not know about them, at least when they are pricing hotels.

7. 18000rpm

18000rpm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's all about travel search sites. Most people do a "sort by price" and if a hotel uses their full price with no resort fee, they will be listed way back...

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trust me guys, I do get it. I travel all over, all the time, and the formula is as variable as the world is wide.

But aside from the true first-time-ever traveler -- and how many of those exist? -- and whatever part of Siberia that does not get TV and print ads from however many service providers extolling no baggage fees or no resort fees, there's just not a lot of righteous caveat emptor indignation that can be left in the tank, now is there? This is not news to most people. Is it chicken shit? Of course, but it's not news. It's not a surprise. Most everything we price in the travel game has layers and variability. Ever rented a car at PDX versus in town, for instance? Ouch! Is it fair that Podunkville has an 8 percent TOT and Glamourtown slaps 20 percent on at the end?

The easiest and best strategy -- unless one prefers the Big Bad You-Know-What that everyone hates riding in and telling the market to do what the market has no intention of doing -- is simply to just take it all with a huge grain of salt and wait for the second screen.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do know that some "negotiated rates" are not subject to resort fees. (Researching this will be an exercise for the student.) :)

10. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. They will not waive the fees. Gamble and get it comped.

11. harveyd63

harveyd63 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all

??????
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.