1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wait for Uber at the airport?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dtmk66, Sep 12, 2016.

1. dtmk66

dtmk66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long do you wait for Uber to pick you up after you get off the plane? Are they waiting at the airport just like cabs do?

2. clr

clr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From baggage claim go through door 2 and go across crosswalk to parking garage. Take elevator to level 2M. We had no wait for Lyft going to Red Rock. They describe the car and it pulls up to a pull in parking space. We had a great, chatty driver. We used Lyft because we had a discount code.

3. Winner23red

Winner23red Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. They have a staging area for ride share drivers. Took maybe 5 minutes or so.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My two experiences have been 4-5 minutes. They stage nearby. I don't request a ride till I'm at the pick-up area.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  5. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the time of day. IMO, the staging area described above is not ideal. Sometimes half the wait is just for the car to weave its way through the staging area. The longest I have waited is about 15 minutes, but that was on a busy Friday night. The few times I have used it, I requested the Lyft as soon as I reached the baggage claim area

6. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After you grab your bags, you could probably request your ride and be ok. Lyft (and probably Uber) can charge you a $5 no-show fee if you make them wait for more than 5 minutes.

7. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shouldn't have to wait more than 5 minutes after you you ask for a ride. They stage in the airport parking lot so its just a matter of them navigating the airport and getting to the pickup spot.