1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VP tournament at The Quad

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Darreningreenwood, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I went ahead and took the offer of three free nights at the Quad for entering a VP tournament. Never done one before, but at the time it was the comped room out there for me (even looking at the calendar). No biggie, at least I can say I did it.

Will I get the information on where to go, times, etc. when I check in, or do I need to go to the TR booth for that? Or will I get an email before I go? I know it's only going to be a 10 minute or so thing each day, I'm just wondering at what point I'll know when I'll be up, so I can plan the rest of my week.

And from what I've heard, it will probably be double double bonus? Any advice you can give me, such as variations from basic strategy for tournaments? It'll probably be a waste of time, but at least I can check it off the list of things I've done.

2. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At check in tell them your here for the tournament and they'll tell you where to go to register. You'll get your times and any free play then. That's the only thing about tournaments, it cuts into your day and you have to plan around it.

DD bonus is one of my favorite games and like to enter those tournaments. I think you alter the basic strategy a little to go for royals and quads w/kickers, but I'm not sure of the exact deviation so I just stay with basic strategy. But if you play around 1100+ plus hands per hour speed with perfect strategy you'll usually place even without any royals or big quads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.