1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker VP - info from vpfree2

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by travelfiend, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, noob question here? Am I reading this right? From NYNY listing, vpfree2.com

99.54% JoB
    Kdb_table Jacks or Better
    New Window
    1-2-3-4-6-9-25-50-800
    (8) 25ยข, $1, $2 1 Play Slant a few rows in front of hotel registration (no points)
    $5 1 Play Bar Times Square Bar
    $5 1 Play Bar Center Bar
    $10 3/5 Play Slant high limit room
    $10 1 Play Slant high limit room

So you can get the full pay machine at a quarter or dollar or $2 but you accumulate no Mlife points for your play?? Seems a bit harsh. Am I reading that right?

2. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you are reading that correctly. The major operators (CET and MGM) are the worst for decent VP pay tables. CET recently increased the coin in from $10 to $25 per tier point for their games that return over 99%. I'm surprised that 9/6 JOB would earn zero points, as places usually reserve that for positive EV games. But that is in fact what vpfree2 is indicating here. There will be a sign on the machine that verifies this.

3. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, appreciate the confirmation, kinda sucks as I am staying at NYNY, like to give them some play but not at $25 a spin, lol

4. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously playing elsewhere is your best option, but if you must play at NYNY (and receive tier points), then it may actually be in your best interest to play one credit per spin on the $5 machine. This depends on what the available pay tables are at lower denominations. Playing 9/6 JOB at less than max coins returns 98.37%. Returns for other common JOB paytables (at max bet) are as follows:

9/5 - 98.45%
    8/6 - 98.39%
    8/5 - 97.30%
    7/5 - 96.15%

As you can see, if the lower denomination machines are all 8/5 or worse (and if MGM is anything like CET, they probably are!), you are better off playing one credit per spin on the $5 full pay machine.

5. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very cool, hadn't even thought of that. I will have to pay attention quite closely to get the best deal. And at one $5 credit per spin, payoff for Royal is 800 to 1, so still that magic $4000 number.

6. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not quite....a one coin royal pays 250 credits. That's where the decrease in EV comes from when playing less than max bet. All payouts increase linearly, except the royal; it goes 250-500-750-1000-4000 from one to five coins. The royal serves as a "jackpot" hand in VP, where you get an extra payout for playing max bet.

7. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Duh on me, I knew that, just being a quarter player like 90% of the time, it has been a long long time since I bet anything under max spin. Will give a look at the paytables and if I don't like the situation fall back on my fav, the Palms for VP.

8. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's a place where you don't have to worry about crappy pay tables!

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those machines at NYNY have been there for years. They don't give MLife points (or formerly Players Club) because they have metal plates bolted over the card reader slot so you can't insert your card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.