1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Voodoo Lounge Question:

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DOUBLE B, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At what time does The Voodoo Lounge start charging a cover charge. Wife and I just want to go up for a look/see and not have to pay a covege charge. Thanks for any info.

2. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what time it starts charging but went a few years ago and found free entry pass for 2 for weeknights - not sure where I found it but it was just something I printed on my computer and it got us in. Same thing here just wanted to check it out. It is really cool great view from up there.

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read numerous reports that say cover charge isn't until 9 or 10, but I can't confirm since I haven't gone that late.

I have always gone before it is officially open. Go up to the restaurant and sit at the bar. Tell the bartender you want to go check out the outside part. I've done this 3-4 times and never been turned down.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  4. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Check the current info on Rio's website under Things to Do. It gives operating hours and lists cover charges. Says it opens at 9pm - can't say if its normal for them to open earlier.

5. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it says 9 pm everyday. Bummer. Was going to check the view and take pics. I'm going solo and don't drink, so, whatever.

6. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

I'd try MIX lounge at MBay. Their website says they open at 5pm. Also list covers but says its for weekends only, incl Thursdays. In the past, I know I've gotten in before 8pm with no cover. No shorts though!

On my list this trip to try will be Mandarin Bar in City Center. Not as high up as Voodoo or MIX, nor does it look like they have an outdoor area but the views should still be nice so close to the strip.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Lounge opens at 9pm. The Voodoo restaurant (that has access to the Lounge) opens much earlier and there is no charge to go to the restaurant. Just tell the people at the desk you're going up to the restaurant and they won't charge you.

8. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fwiw I really enjoyed my dinner at the Voodoo restaurant. It wasn't fine dining by any stretch, but a decent meal at reasonable Vegas price with great views.

Then we walked right outside to the lounge without paying a cover and hung out for an hour or so m

9. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go into the snack store (by the elevators next to voodoo) they have a stack if cards sitting next to the register that will get you into voodoo for free

10. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During the week I have went up as late as ten and havent been hit for a cover. Its windy up there, but a great view.

11. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just heard today that you can't wear shorts to MB. Is there that type of dress code for Rio?

12. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure I've worn shorts to the VL. But you might want to check. Regarding the cover, yeah if you get up there just before 9 you don't pay a cover, plus you miss some long lines.

Last trip as a non-parent...
  13. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Rio in May and although i didn't venture up to VL, i did observe some couples who were going to VL on the Rio shuttle. They were wearing shorts......but i would call and ask to be sure.

OK, i guess they don't: http://www.vegas.com/nightclubs/voodoo/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.