1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Voodoo Lounge mid week - what's the deal on getting in?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by sceej, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sceej

sceej Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have read a number of different experiences/opinions on this one and not all are current. My situation is I will be in Vegas 10/16 - 18 (Wednesday- Thursday - leaving Friday) with gf. I have heard (and seen pics) of view from Voodoo and it looks amazing.

I'm 50s, she's mid 40s, we are looking to have a few drinks and dance some .... not party all night (don't I wish!) ... don't mind a cover but I definitely do not want to deal with any lengthy lines or being scrutinized by some steroid monkey bouncer/doorman.

So my question's are basically these:

One - how early does Voodoo Lounge open? Early enough to watch sunset? is there music at that time?

Two - What can I expect in terms of a line midweek early evening (like between 6 and 8)?

Three - What's dress code like? Not worried about self but gf dresses just a bit over top ... spandex and crop tops (and yes she definitely can carry them off even mid 40s) .. is that an issue? In my experience, girl dressing sexy never is.

Four - have seen some indications that if you eat in the Voodoo Steakhouse restaurant you can go right into the lounge without dealing with lines, cover charge, etc. I have to eat anyway so if that's the case, might be my choice.

And to answer the question all of you must be thinking, it is precisely because I am this organized that I NEED to get some Vegas every now and then.

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just show up they will be happy some one is going there.

ps if ur staying at cet hotel they have free addmision cupons in the phamphlets that give u at checkin

"
    Two - What can I expect in terms of a line midweek early evening (like between 6 and 8)?" i assume you mean a.m. not p.m. as 6 to 8pm doesnt count as a niteclub

3. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything before 11pm is not considered a nightclub in Vegas lol. But hey I'm 27!

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually the voodoo lounge is open early so you can watch the sunset. The time I went I brought my camera and tripod and took pictures of the sun setting and the lights going on. they do play music also. Not sure about weekday lines as it all depends if there is something going on. Normally you miss the party crowd when you go early. yes, if you eat at the voodoo steakhouse you have access to the lounge, I think there is a separate stairs to go upstairs to the lounge.

I'm not sure about the dress code, I guess as long as it is appropriate (not vulgar or obscene) your gf should be okay. But then I'm a guy so no clue on what is acceptable for women.

paperposter mentioned that if you are staying in a CET property they give you free admission. I wasn't staying in a CET hotel but a few years ago I went to the voodoo lounge web site and was able to download a free admission form to get in. I got there early (probably around 5 or 5:30) and relaxed outside and took pictures of the sunset and night lights. It wasn't busy at all and I left before the crowd started coming in.

5. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I (late 40s) went there a couple of years ago. It was midweek and we had eaten at restaurant and they said we could just walk upstairs. We went up after we ate and, while there were some people there, it was pretty dead. Nobody was dancing yet. Most everybody was just taking in the view. We were all set to stay and dance, but after the second song in a row that referenced women in a canine manner (she hates that word) we decided to leave. We went over to the lounge at the Gold Coast where a local band was playing and we had a blast dancing and talking to a bunch of local people that were out celebrating birthdays and such.

Finally!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.