1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Volvo for life

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by hammie, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of knuckleheads with access to a junkyard made this video showing a Volvo 850 wagon crashing into a several cars, yet still drive away. I've owned 4 Volvos and currently drive a 17 year old S70 and let my daughter take my S60 back to school. Obviously, I'm biased towards Volvos and feel that the safety features will offer better protection in a crash compared to the more popular cars.

[video=youtube_share;u7V-G3PiRUc]http://youtu.be/u7V-G3PiRUc[/video]

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow... that's quite a video! I don't have any experience with Volvo's, but do with another Swedish car company Saab. My high school girlfriend and I both survived a back-country road, high-speed roll-over episode after a wild keggar party in the late 70's that defied what realistically shoudda happened. I owe my life to a Saab 900 and a lotta good fortune.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Volvo once that i bought used from a volvo mechanic.

Lasted for about a month when th etransmission went out and had to get replaced.

About a month after that the carbs started pouring gas onto the engine from some tube. tried everything i could to fix it.

rebuilt the carbs, same issue.

After that it sat in the garage for about 3 years.

i got sick of it one day and traded it to a guy down the street for a burrito and an overhead light for the garage.

On the flip side, it was hands down the safest car i ever owned as it would never leave the garage.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think Volvo exported a car for the U.S. market with a carburetor since the early 1970's.

It must have been a real prize to be traded for a burrito and a light fixture. But, I think you are funnin' me.

I have to say I have never experienced such comfortable seats as those in a Volvo, the past couple weeks with single digit temperatures, the heated seats have been awesome. I heated up a 7-11 burrito for lunch on my passenger seat.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    135k miles on mine. So far so good. The main problem has been suspension related. Shocks and struts seem to go more quickly than other cars. But the city I live in is known for potholes as we are built on a coastal swamp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.