1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VMB Tip: Write a TR, it's so worth it!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dfalk, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was sitting at home tonight drinking some beer with nothing to do so I decided to re-read all my old trip reports. I spent a good hour or 2 reading them and it brought many smiles to my face. Reliving all those memories, some I even forgot about, makes it totally worth the hour+ spent writing them!

So ya, don't even think about it, write one!!

2. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to go back and read mine sometimes although doesn't take long as I have only done 3, it is a good way of keeping the memory of your trip

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny I never re-read my own. I do encourage others to write a TR. Myself I like reading ones with a lot of "facts" about room, hotel, restaurants, attractions. We try to stay at a different property on most trips. When scoping out a new hotel I search all the TRs looking for ones that stayed at that hotel. I think most people on this board get a rush out of reading other peoples trip reports. I feel sad when people state that they are intimidated to write one. We need reports of all kinds...this board is full of high, low rollers....5 star and 3 star visitors....strip,downtown, off strip people. Personally I get bored when the TRs are all the same....I love the variety. I admit that I do skim the ones that are totally out of my league or heavily detailed in things that don't interest me....but for every one I skim there are 10 other people here devouring that same report. Everyone here does Vegas differently and that just goes to show how much it has to offer! There is no doing Vegas right or wrong....just do it your way.

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agreed.

Not only are they good to re-live the trips but I use others to help for future trips. Like I am staying at the Wynn for the first time in a couple weeks so I read a ton of reports from people who have stayed there so I can get the lay of the land from several different viewpoints

5. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy the Wynn and Win Big!

I wish everyone would write a TR. Love them all. Just remember to hit the return bar from time to time.:)

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Queen - I sure hope it'll happen!!

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you know that SH0CK built us a fun tool? If you go to My Profile link at the top right of the page and click on it, it will take you to a new page. The tab on the right is called "Trip Reports" and it will show all the threads you started in the TR section. You can do this for your favorite members too. Go to their profile and click on Trip Reports and you can browse them all.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.