1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vizio Smart TV - crappy sound - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by JosieCat, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We recently purchased a Vizio 55" smart TV. The sound on it is just terrible. You can barely hear the people speaking because the background noise is so loud. We've tried all the audio settings that are available on the TV , turning off the Surround Sound, turning off the leveling. Nothing helps.

BF headed to Best Buy to get a sound bar and was told it wasn't going to help the problem, unless he was willing to get a $700 one where the outside of the sound bar handed the background noises and could be adjusted.

Any other suggestions that don't involved spending another $700 on a sound bar. My poor BF is half deaf anyway so it's really a problem.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally, background noise should not render the foreground sound inaudible. I would take the TV back, or at least go to the store that you purchased it from and check the sound on the demo TV.

26" and 32" sound bars worked for my on my (2) Samsung 46" TV, but in those cases it was "just" low volume.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  3. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Does the TV have an option to adjust the center channel audio level? Typically, the center channel is used for dialogue and the other speakers are used for the rest of the sound.

4. themightydude

themightydude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanting to say it might be something wrong with your TV. I also suggest going back and checking the sound on the demo TV at the store you bought it from, and or take the TV back to get replaced. Have you tried calling Vizio for support?

We have a 55" Vizio smart TV as well and we do not have that issue.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I had messed with all the settings, but I will look for that when I get home.

Thanks.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, if you google the problem it sounds like it's a fairly common problem - not just with Vizio's. Calling Vizio is next on my list.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

7. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    few Questions, does this happen on all devices?,DVD, Playstation, or is it strickly cable ? If on Cable Check the internal audio settings in the set top box, should be set to LPCM this accessed though default setting which your provider might have to guide you through, You can also try a factory reset which brings the set to out of box condition, this will possibly clear any bugs in the firmware by reloading the firmware during reset This should be in your owner manual on exact process. if this doesnt help set has a warranty of 1 year maybe a service visit will help.

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  8. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may not be the television settings, but rather the source device. Make sure they're set to deliver a stereo signal rather than 5/7.1 so that the center channel dialogue isn't getting lost in the mix. I had that issue because a lot of the rips I get were 5.1 only and the stereo downmix from my media center were terrible, so I just got a 75 buck center channel. More information about exactly what is hooked up to the television and how will help diagnose the issue. If you're getting this from just watching over the air HD broadcasts with nothing else hooked up then something is definitely wrong with the television.

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. I'll try a DVD this weekend and also check the settings on my cable box. So far we've only done cable.

10. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you purchase the items with a credit card that has a purchase or return protection benefit? If so, see what the T&Cs are and if you can return the items and get a full refund. From there, maybe consider a different brand/product that's on sale. This is why I usually buy all of my electronics with my AMEX Platinum.

11. FullPay

FullPay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had one at work. Audio was terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.