1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Virgina Beach

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Its Only Money, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Only Money

Its Only Money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are looking for a little July get-away. Any of you out there have experience with Virginia Beach? Should I look for a rental or go with a hotel. I'm willing to pay for something nice. Any can't miss items? General suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

I need one more trip to up my frequent flier level
  2. vanole09

vanole09 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey from that area would be happy to help you out just shoot me an email at Vanole09

@gmail.com

Cheers.

Matt

3. tcocona

tcocona Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virginia Beach

A really nice hotel is the Hilton ar 3001 Atlantic .Not inexpensive but a classy hotel.:licklips:

4. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Va Beach is dirty IMO....

Goto Myrtle......

Id suggest Ocean Shitty but to many teenagers-college kids... up to you though

5. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Virginia Beach and I too think the Hilton is very nice. If you want to go with a rental go with a rental in Sandbridge it is off the beaten path and not commercial like the VA Beach Strip.

6. Kc4400

Kc4400 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been a couple times, have family there. It seemed like the properties on the strip vary widely for cleanliness and amenities. We stayed at the Marriott property right near 19th, had no issues. We did go off peak

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Marriott Courtyard North, all rooms are oceanfront and it's a fairly new property. I stayed in January on business, summer rates should be around $300 per night plus tax.

8. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We live in the VB "area" too....it's all called Hampton Roads and includes numerous city's. I don't know what you're looking for but I also think it's a bit gritty at the beach, a lot of it is pretty 80's and sometimes not the best crowd if you ask me.

Personally, I'd head down to the Outer Banks in NC...it's only another hour drive. They have a ton of cottages (homes) for rent. Everything from small and quaint to 12 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, your own pool, etc for multiple families. It's just so much nicer....that's where the locals here go.

If you'd rather do a hotel, check this place out....it's a very nice spot.

http://www.thesanderling.com/

Good luck! Dino

9. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to look at the local paper Pilot on Line. I'm familiar with VB and do like it. Of course there are pluses and minuses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.