1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Virgin discovers HHAGG

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by sybgal, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some friends arrived in LV today for a trade show. I suggested they try HHAGG and get the BOGO coupon on the web site. WELL...they just posted pics of their food on FB asking "how in the world are you supposed to eat all this"?...lol.... I warned them to share but no...each got their own entrée and will be leaving half the food on the plates. It is just too funny.....no one is ever prepared for what is delivered to their table at this restaurant. One got the burger and there is no way anyone could get their mouth on it....I think she said she was cutting it up in fourths to try to eat it. Well....I did warn them....hahahaha

2. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HHAGG is one of the worst meals I've had in Vegas. In fact it is two of them as we tried it a second time thinking we had maybe hit them on a bad night the first time, but it was every bit as bad. This was the one at IP.

I can't argue with the portion size as they are huge, but I'd rather have a smaller portion of something I can actually eat.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at HHAGG several times and in several locations and ALWAYS had good meals. You're so correct about the portion sizes... it's funny to watch other tables get their meals that haven't been there before!

Too bad every HHAGG thread seems to turn into an "I Like It... I Hated it" thread. It appears the place is quite polarizing.

4. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I didn't know there was a previous HHAGG thread with being a relatively new member. I just replied to give my thoughts and didn't know it was a Love It / Hate It place.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I'm being a prock, but that is why I would never patronize HHAGG. I can't eat that much food (Hell, I avoid steak houses for the same reason) and 2/3 of it is going to go to waste. As a visitor, I can't take a doggie bag, so it all just gets thrown out.

In essence, you are paying just to recycle what is going to be hog slop.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hog slop is correct. Much of the wasted food in Vegas goes out to a HUGE pig farm in North Las Vegas. If the wind is blowing the wrong way, it's hard to miss.:poke:

They even collect pumpkins after Halloween to feed to the hogs.

7. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking forward to my meal at HHAGG this week - I would be all over using a BOGO coupon, but I don't think we'll be buying 2 entrees from the sounds of things!

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wheres the coupon? Can't see it on their site

9. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you sign up for their emails, they were sending a BOGO coupon. Haven't looked at their site for a few months. They also sent me a BOGO for my birthday....good for a year.

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries... trust me, lots of others share your opinion. Every time HHAGG is discussed there's plenty on either side.

11. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always split a meal when we go. Chicken and Waffles! :licklips:Fantastic!!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  12. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the same thing but then the Brilliant hammer hit me between the eyes.

You will only be paying for one meal so why not order two different meals at the price of one if you have a BOGO coupon.

Now there is another thought to get a discount, especially if your in line waiting to be seated. Sell your BOGO coupon for $5 to a group who needs one...it then becomes a win win and could be your biggest win in Vegas....Then yell out Winner Winner Chicken Waffle Dinner.....LOL

13. eltotaupin

eltotaupin Low-Roller

Do they give you a hard time if you order one entree to split?

14. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two years ago they gave us no trouble splitting a order.....But if a restaurant ever wants to charge you a "plate charge" just order a small side order of something.....problem solved.

15. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The servers have always been pretty good at letting us know that the portions are large.

16. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After being seated a restaurant I like to make a trip to the washroom to polish up the paws, but I also walk back to my table taking the longest route possible to view what other's have on their plates.....If I spot something good I may even ask the dinner what it is...this also give you a good idea of the portions a restaurant serves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.