1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Virgin America Gold Now -- What Will Happen to VA Service When Alaska Air Takes Over?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Flowers, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read the earlier posts on the board about Alaska Airlines acquiring VA. I am really bummed about that because I've come to love VA. It is now my "go to" airline when traveling to Vegas and now Dallas too from JFK and LGA, respectively. I just got Gold status temporarily through the matching program (I matched Jet Blue Mosaic) and with my RT to Vegas in August and another next month, I'll be gold through the end of 2017.

Alaska Airlines, however, will be running the show come January. The airlines seem so different in terms of brand and First Class service though I understand Alaska has had great customer service ratings.

For those of you who are Alaska Airlines customers and who have flown VA as well I'm curious to know how you feel about the acquisition. I assume AA won't ditch the VA planes so I can still fly in those great FC seats when headed to Vegas, even if the plane's exterior will say Alaska Airlines. I'm also hoping AA will do right by VA Gold members in terms of getting status in AA, which would be nice given AA's international partners.